1st Trimester

Not sure what to think....

I haven't been on the boards in a long time. I'm having a rough couple of days and I don't know where else to turn for guidance or reassurance or whatever else it may  be i'm looking for. I got my bfp on 10/11. Had progesterone and HCG drawn on 10/13 and was 10.3 and 1578. Then HCG was repeated on 10/15 and was 3790. Yesterday I started having very light brown spotting so the Dr had me come in to repeat bloodworm and he did a vaginal u/s. The u/s showed a sac with a developing embryo and even a faint flickering heartbeat. He measured it at 6 weeks, 1 day (a week short of what I had based on lmp). Told me brown spotting was a good sign and things looked ok.
Today I got my test results back and HCG was only 4245 and my progesterone dropped to 3.9. He told me at this point it is a threatened miscarriage and prescribed me oral progesterone which I'm supposed to start tonight. I noticed today that my spotting is more red in color (not bright red). It's definitely there when I wipe but barely even spotting on my panty liner. They keep asking me if I'm cramping and I don't feel like I am but now I'm so paranoid that I keep thinking well maybe those are cramping pains I'm feeling. He wants me to come back in a week but call sooner if I start bleeding heavier or passing tissue....
This is just an awful feeling, being in limbo and not knowing what's happening. I think it's making it even harder because yesterday I saw a heartbeat and now today I get told my numbers aren't good and I'm spotting more red. I'm so devastated and I'm making myself crazy with worry. One minute I'm like ok, this is it, I'm going to lose the baby. The next minute I find myself hopeful because of seeing the heartbeat yesterday. Its agonizing. I almost wish I didn't see that heartbeat yesterday. I feel like it's giving me false hope....
Anyone with similar experiences? I know everyone is different but just looking for some stories from women who may have gone through the same thing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Not sure what to think....

• Thanks for your responses. My first pregnancy was so smooth in the beginning and I've never dealt with anything like this. Fingers crossed it turns out ok but preparing for the worst as well...

• LiliansMama14LiliansMama14 member
    edited October 2014
    I'm sorry your dealing with that. Like PP said any concern is usually documented as a "threatened abortion". Before I knew I was pregnant I was sent to the hospital with cramping and light spotting. I was told I was expecting and looks to be either threatened abortion or ectopic pregnancy. I was sent home to wait it out. I'm now 31 weeks with a little girl so just try not to loose hope. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I just lost the baby. I guess it was just meant to be. But not any less heartbreaking...

• I'm so sorry. This happened to me twice this year. My doctors do not consider any progesterone level under 5 as a viable pregnancy. It was very hard to wait, especially because I saw heartbeats each time. Take care of yourself, and we hope to see you back when you're ready. Big hugs
    imageimageimage"Image">image
  • Thanks everyone...
    :)

• I'm so sorry for your loss

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks again everyone. I've been lurking the boards again because I just feel so alone. My husband went back to work today and it's just me and my 14 month old today and I'm having a rough day. First, my LO is going through that phase where he wants nothing to do with me, acts defiant and just makes me feel like a horrible mother. As soon as daddy gets home he's happy and great and I feel like a failure. 
    And I think I overdid it this morning because I am hurting today. I'm just hoping I can move past this quickly because feeling like this and having my miscarriage on my brain every minute of every day is emotionally draining. My girlfriend is coming over with her daughter this afternoon. The plan was to go trick or treating but the weather here is miserable. Like 50 mph wind gusts, its been SNOWING on and off all day. Happy Halloween Chicago style! 
    Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for the kind words everyone. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"