November 2014 Moms

Riley's birth story (it's long)

Finally I'm able to sit down and share Riley's story.  

We were scheduled for induction so we went into the hospital on Monday night.  After getting checked in and hooked up to all those fun machines and had my cervix checked (was only a finger tip dilated BOO) They inserted the cervidil to get my cervix to softened before they gave the pitocin Tuesday morning.  Well I was all good for a couple of hours me and the hubby were watching monday night football and everything was good.  Then the contractions started and HOLY COW they hurt sooooo much.  I felt really awful because I kept standing up to bend over and it was messing up the readings to monitor tracking Riley's heart rate.  They said they could give me something to relax me a bit but it wouldn't last long and I would have to stay in bed.  So I said I would hold off a little longer because being able to stand up during the really bad ones helped.  Well nurse finally came in after 5 am and said that if I could stay in bed so they could get a decent reading she would let me take a shower and they would give me the meds to relax me before my epidural.  So I laid down and tried to keep my mind of the pain.  Finally I was able to take a shower which the warm water helped A LOT!!!!!!  Then got back in bed was given some pain meds that helped a little on the contractions.  

Then about 7ish after about being on the pitocin almost an hour, my doctor came in and said that after I get the epidural she would break my waters and hopefully that will help the process.  I got my epidural, which getting it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Once that epidural went to work I felt so good!!!  Maybe too good, because both me and Riley's heart rates and my blood pressure were kind of going a little crazy plus my water broke on its own and it had a little of green in it.  They put me on oxygen and just started to explain to me that I could have to have a c-section and they had me sign some forms about it.  They checked my cervix again and I was 5-6 cm dilated.  After started to seem happening very quickly.  I looked at my husband and asked him to find out were my parents were cause I just had this very strong urge to see my mom before things got to crazy.  So he got a hold of them and let them know everything that was going on.  They finally got there and once my mom walked in I just started crying cause I just felt a big wave of comfort.  So with the oxygen and seeing my parents all seemed to calm down so I didn't have to have the c-section.  I was able to even get some sleep.

close to 2pm i was fully dilated and ready to start pushing.  The first couple of pushes I didn't feel like I did anything.  I could feel a little bit but I wasn't in any pain which was nice, they ended up having to give me oxygen again.  After about 30 minutes of pushing I just about had her out but her heart rate started to go nuts so my doctor said she was gonna use the vac just to help out. It came time to push, all i felt was some pressure then my husband said "she's out, she's out!"  They had the NICU team there just because i had a little meconium in my water they wanted to make sure she didn't inhale any.  She was all good so she didn't have to stay in the NICU you at all which was wonderful.  She is so perfect and so beautiful and I couldn't be more in love.  Also I just love that she has a head full of hair.  We are home adjusting to life together.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Riley's birth story (it's long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"