Breastfeeding

Girls wean earlier?

I was at my chiropractors earlier and he asked how long I planned on breast feeding. I told him I was hoping to get to the 1 year mark. His response was "don't be surprised if she weans herself earlier, girls wean faster". First I had heard of it! Anyone else hear that?? As of right now I don't think she will. She's pretty in love with the boobie and depands to be fed as soon as I get home lol. She's 4m1w and doesn't seem interested in any solids either.

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

Re: Girls wean earlier?

• I've never heard of that. I nursed DD to 12 mo. We probably could have kept going, but I was finished and she was getting too rowdy.
  • Never heard of that. DD is 16m, and a big boob fan. I nursed until about 2, my sister until she was almost 3.

And don't worry about solids with a 4-month-old, you've got plenty of time! Being in love with the boob sounds just right for her age :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies! He's usually really good with his info, but I thought he might be off on this one! Haha. I'm holding off on solids. Our pedi is all for when she shows interest so I thought I would see if she cared yet. Not so much :) Should I try some purees though?

• Um, no. I wouldn't take breast-feeding advice from my chiropractor.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• It wasn't really advice from him, more like what he had heard (he has two boys). I was just wondering if there was any truth behind it but you guys have shown that clearly there is not :)

And yes I will most likely wait until 6 months for solids, especially since she has no interest

• Just chiming in to say I'm still BF my 18 month old DD...and it seems like we won't be ending anytime soon.  Happy Nursing!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I wonder if he meant sooner or faster. As in, when girls decided to wean it happens quickly but boys take longer to let it go. Maybe? No idea. I haven't heard of either anyway.
  • Dd nursed until 22m. She also didn't have solids until 7 or 8 months because she just wasn't interested
    BabyFetus Ticker

• DD is 2 today and still nursing! Although, 2 is my personal cut-off I'm pretty sure she would nurse forever if I let her. It's not a gender thing, it's a baby thing, all of them are different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"