TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro

Hello :) It's so amazing to see the advice and support you all bring to one another! I'm new to these boards and to posting. I used to just read through everyone's comments for advice, support, etc. but now would love to be a little more active. First, I'm so sorry for everyone's loss. This is something that no one should have to go through. I do feel fortunate that there is a place like this to share and empathize. My DH and I have been together for 10 years, married for 1 year. We were so excited to have our first BFP this July after 8 months of TTC. I had early bleeding but HCG levels looked good. Went in for an ultrasound and there was a heart beat but a small blood clot. They said the bleeding should get better but they would monitor the blood clot in a week or two. Bleeding stopped and I went in for my second ultrasound... The darn clot kept growing and tripled in size, which led to my first MC & D&C on September 3rd. The doctor said it is very rare and probably would not happen again, but she has no idea what caused it in the first place. I'm nervous/anxious that the same could happen again, if and hopefully when, we become pregnant again. I waited 47 days for my AF to come back and the waiting game for everything is one of the hardest things. I feel awful for saying that it is so hard not to be jealous/envious of friends/ others pregnancies. Don't get me wrong, I am so very happy for them, but at the same time, I so wish that was me and constantly question...why not me? What are some things you ladies do to keep your mind off all the "what-ifs" and to get rid of the jealous/envious feelings?

Re: Intro

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. 

My loss is still pretty new as well, so I'm having a lot of the same thoughts/feelings as you. In fact, my SIL is due 6 weeks before I would have been, and even though my loss was 4 weeks ago, I still can't bring myself to see her, my brother, or my 18 month old nephew. I feel terrible about it, but thankfully, they have been very patient and understanding with me. I hope you get the same respect from anyone pregnant near to you. 

Hugs to you... 
    TTCAL December Siggy Challenge: Autocorrect Fails

***siggy warning*** 

TTC since 3/2012 
    DH - 34; nml swimmers; Me - 34; sinking AMH (now 0.55), low AFC, nml FSH/LH 
    Clomid + IUI #1 (6/2013) - BFN; #2 (7/2013) - BFFN 
    Bonus info: me - low TNF, low vitamin D, borderline low IGF (all improving) 
    IVF (May/June2014) 5R/5F/2T (ET 6/11) - no frosties. 
    + HPT 8dp5dt. Beta #1 - 71(6/20). Beta #2 381 (6/24) 
    U/S 7/11 (one perfect little bean, HB 150's). EDD 3/1/2015
    Baby boy Lincoln Alexander's HB stopped at 18w and was delivered at 19w (10/3/2014)
    All testing normal/negative including normal chromosomes - no answers... D&C 11/20/2014
    IVF#2 coming in Spring 2015
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Welcome.

As for how to deal with the jealousy and envy, I think the feelings are totally normal, but the solution is individual. I personally think the best way to deal with it is to deal with your feelings about your loss. It took me about 7 months. I was down, I was up, and then my best friend got pg and I was devastated. It really forced me to look at myself. I started seeing a therapist and that helped me come to terms. You have to find what helps you.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. I am sorry for your loss.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.
    I get jealous sometimes too, but I'm still learning how to process those feelings.

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• Options
    Welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss. It us normal to feel the way you do. My loss was about 2 1/2 months ago and I still struggle with seeing pregnant women or hearing about others' pregnancies. Don't feel guilty. Let yourself feel how you feel and do what you have to do to get through. Be patient with yourself. This board is a great place to get and give support and it has helped me a lot. ((Hugs))
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

Like others have mentioned we all cope with others pregnancies a little differently. Myself, I've turned it into a drinking game... Just kidding ladies, Kind of. Haha I've always been a bit of a lush. In all seriousness though I can say that I am finally starting to not want to cry every time I see a pregnant woman. I do still have issues with a) People complaining about their pregnancy. b) My pregnant friend telling me everything happens for a reason. And c) Pregnant woman that don't take care of their bodies. <- That one creates rage! The pain, I can say, is no where near as raw anymore. However I can still feel the jealousy creeping in from time to time.

Through this whole experience I have learned to be kind to my body. I need to be patient with myself. There was nothing that could of done to reverse this. We are not at fault. I have found comfort in this board. These woman are truly amazing, and their experiences and support are what have gotten me through this. I can't thank this board enough for helping me refocus and see that my desire to grow my family over powers my fear.

Best wishes and welcome to the board!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. It is never easy after a loss and please take the time you need. My SIL is due early next year. I'm not sure how I will feel then but it's hard. My other SIL is likely actively trying and I dread getting the "I'm pregnant call". I will be happy for them but also wish for me to be pg too. So you are not alone. Just try and have faith. Good luck to you.

me = 32  DH = 33

TFAS  

BFP2 august 2014 ended in m/c .... Gone but not forgotten....forever in my heart!

Slight MFI low count, morph, mobility

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ea3a7">My Ovulation Chart</a> || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.  As far as the jealousy and envy, everyone handles that a little differently.  The more time since my losses, the easier it gets for me to deal with others pregnancies.  Take the time you need to heal.  ((((HUGS)))
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Welcome

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Welcome!  I am sorry for your loss.  As everyone has said some level of jealousy is totally normal.  My loss is really recent, but I know that I am holding my breath and hoping that none of my friends announces a pregnancy in the next few weeks that would have a close due date to mine.  I think that would be too difficult for me to take right now.  I feel bad because if my friends want a baby I want them to get what they want.  I just don't want any of them to be due in June.

BFP #1 ended with H born 2/2/13
    BFP #2 ended in loss @7weeks 10/15/14
    BFP #3 due 8/21/15 *please stick*
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and welcome.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.  I hope you find some comfort here.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    Welcome to the board, but I'm so sorry you have to join us. I am exactly the same way, I feel guilty for being jealous/angry about everyone else's pregnancies, but I do. I think we all experience that to some degree...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, it is very nice to have people that really understand what you are going through!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. It is a wonderful place full of love and support. The feelings of jealousy are natural, but hard. ((hugs)).
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. I handle my anger, frustration and jealousy differently each time it presents itself. Sometimes I will be caught off guard and I will cry, or sometimes I just brush it off and laugh about--or make jokes. It just depends on my mood, and the situation at hand. Everyone handles things differently, and you are not a bad person for feeling the emotions that you talked about in your intro. It's normal. ((hugs))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"