Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Refusing Costume

OH my.  I bought my little guy an Elmo costume and he HATES that thing.  I remember with my fist ds's second Halloween I bought the costume figuring he'd refuse to wear it at 13 months and then I remember last year, I figured he'd not like the idea either, but he loved it both times, so with ds 2 I didn't even think for a second he wouldn't like wearing it especially Elmo.  He is NOT having it.  He just pulls the hat off and says Mommy wear it.  Sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Refusing Costume

• Options
    I just posted about this on Facebook today. DS even picked out the Olaf costume and now freaks if I even get near him with the costume. I thought if maybe I just put it on him and let him see himself in the mirror he'd come around. He threw himself on the floor and wouldn't even let me get near him with the head piece. It's a shame b/c it's a really cute costume.
    imageimage
  • Options

Ha, I guess were not alone after all.  This is just so shocking for me as my ds 1 is the bull headed rock the boat kid and ds 2 is my easy going happy boy.  WTF?   I paid $30 for that dang thing and can't find the package.  Oh well.  DS 1 was going to be Thomas (we are making the costume) but it looks like crap so far, so I bought a buzz lightyear costume today as backup and he likes it.  It was the only decent thing I could find so late and ds 2 has Sheriff Woody PJ's (that he will actually wear) so I can put the top on with jeans and boots and call it good.  and actually look like I planned a theme that way.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG I am so glad we are not alone in this.  Same exact experience here...bought a super cute owl costume at Target (that DD picked out and carried all around the store...) and when I went to put it on her she flipped.  I didn't force it and tried again a few weeks later, and she flipped even worse.  Soooo I have now returned it, and am making her an owl costume out of a zip up jacket, hoping that will be less terrifying for her.  

I really can't figure this reaction out...I guess they just don't understand that it's a costume, so it becomes scary when you try to put it on them??
  • Options
    DS is OK with his costume but will not keep the hood up.  I safety pinned a winter hat to the inside so now I can tie it under his chin with the hat straps.  I found he pulls it off almost immediately except once I get him outside of our apartment, he is so excited to run around that he keeps the hat/hood up.  Hopefully I can do that on Friday too!
  • Options
    Hmm... I haven't even tried to put Rhys's costume on yet... maybe I should...
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Well we went trick or treating with our toddler time group yesterday (preplanned to local businesses and things) and he wore jeans, boots and his sheriff woody pj shirt handed down from his brother with banana stain and all.  He looked fine.  It looked just as cute as those cheap tacky walmart costumes.  DS 1 wore a buzz lightyear, so we looked like we planned and best of all they were both happy with their costumes. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DS didn't even like being put in his costume much last year at 11.5 months, so I didn't want to fight with him this year. He was Daniel Tiger, who he loves anyway, and got to wear regular pants with tiger stripes ironed on and a sweatshirt. 

He did, however, keep pulling off his ears and kept getting frustrated at the tail.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"