July 2015 Moms
Options

Eating right

I'm so excited to be pregnant with my first but I'm quickly realizing that I need to make a huge change to my eating habits. I eat out A LOT, and don't cook that often because of how late I work.

Anyone have advice on the types of foods, drinks and snacks I should be buying from the grocery store? Easy and nutritious meals? The best fast food choices to make in a pinch?

Thanks!!

Re: Eating right

• Options
    I'm in the same boat...I'm thinking about prepping meals on Sundays so I can throw them together during the week. Salads, chicken, crock pot meals and stocking up on frozen veggies...but looking for suggestions!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the app recommendation, @CALEO!

I second @bnk2012‌'s suggestion of crockpot meals. Knowing that you've got something cooking in the crockpot makes is easier not to give in to the temptation of eating out.

As for fast food... do you have a Chipotle near you? That would be my top choice if I was in a pinch to grab something quickly.

I've been snacking on cheddar cheese and fresh fruit a lot lately. Nuts would be another good snack option.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like to make big meals of whatever sounds yummy and healthy and then I have lots of leftovers to take to work as lunches/dinners. I work 12 hour days so if I leave it til when I get home I have no time to make food. Planning a few days at a time helps me most. And brining lots of healthy snacks- almonds, apples, cut up veggies, etc. for in-between meals.
    Love 2010 / Marriage 2013 / Baby carriage EDD July 4th 2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    Thank you everyone - this is all very helpful! I just ran to the grocery store and stocked up on some fruits, veggies and other healthy foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"