1st Trimester

progesterone levels question?

My confirmation labs came back great HCG levels in the 2,000. My only slight concern was my prog levels were 15 im 8w 4d. The doctor suggested progesterone because she said its usually normal for the 20 range. Im wondering if progesterone levels change during the time of the day my labs were drawn around 6:30pm.

Also im not trying to discredit my ob but i have no comparisons. My last pregnancy i never got hcg levels or progesterone so i cant compare. Ive not had a lost before which is what ive read/heard progesterone is for.

Can progesterone hurt?

Im going to continue to read and seek advice until Monday at my ultrasound to see what the scan reveal. I was feeling overwhelmed on the phone with the ob so some of these questions i should have asked her.

Thanks i lurk here frequently and active on the June2013 Board.

Re: progesterone levels question?

• Progesterone cannot hurt. You're not going to be given "too much" and it hurt the baby. And 15 is low, but not so low that a loss is inevitable. Most OB's don't consider any progesterone level below a 5 to be a viable pregnancy.

By "suggested progesterone" do you mean you were prescribed progesterone in either pill or suppository form?
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

BFP-10/25/14, EDD-6/23/15 7/6/15
  • @sgarmand thanks.
    by. "suggested". I mean she recommended. We never got to that point. I wanted to talk it over with my husband first. I read that it can be cream or pill but im not sure what she will be prescribing.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was put on progesterone pills at 5 weeks, my level was at 11. It has since jumped to 16.8 then back down to 12.8 all with 48 hours between. I am thinking it varies.... but I really have no clue

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sgarmand thanks. by. "suggested". I mean she recommended. We never got to that point. I wanted to talk it over with my husband first. I read that it can be cream or pill but im not sure what she will be prescribing.
    I would follow your doctor's recommendation. However, I find it strange that with your level below 20 she would just recommend it and not write you the prescription and send you on your way to the pharmacy.
    TTC #1 June 2014
    BFP-7/15/14, CP-7/27/14

BFP-10/25/14, EDD-6/23/15 7/6/15
  • @sgarmand‌ i sort of told her not too because i wanted to think it over. Shes really nice not pushy. I just picked up my prescription.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"