TTC After a Loss

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

The January Snowflakes check-in is for anyone who has had an EDD or a loss in January of any year. Feel free to join by introducing yourself and telling us your EDD or loss date. This thread will be posted on Monday evenings.

January Snowflakes Badges:

https://i40.tinypic.com/29y2pme.jpg

https://i40.tinypic.com/156pzew.jpg

https://i39.tinypic.com/2hdbo61.jpg

«««««««««»»»»»»»»»

October 27th

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes««« 

LSS ☆☆ 1/15/14 & EDD 1/5/15 @Elliecat17 ☆☆ I'm sorry you had to deal with that tactless OB. I hope you're feeling better.

EDD ☆☆ 1/27/14 @BethKate2 ☆☆ Hi!

EDD ☆☆ 1/2/15 @rmpar29 ♥twin boys♥ ☆☆ Yay for being off the bench!

EDD ☆☆ 1/5/15 @Amybunny30 ☆☆  Any kitchen pics yet??

EDD ☆☆ 1/8/15 @JellicalParker ☆☆ How are you this week? Have had had the chance to have a heart to heart with your H since the fertility conversation?

EDD ☆☆ 1/10/15 @CFearsy ☆☆ I still hate that you're back here. How are you doing? ((hugs))

EDD ☆☆ 1/12/15 @rslh10 ☆☆ I'm glad your RE appointment went well and that you have a plan to start testing!

EDD ☆☆ 1/21/15 @GreenEyes842 ☆☆  I hope you're having a better week this week!

EDD ☆☆ 1/23/15 @mrandmrsk91011 ☆☆ How are you feeling?

EDD ☆☆ 1/24/15 @jj32 ☆☆ Glad your period has left the building! FX for you this cycle!

EDD ☆☆ 1/26/15 @MrsPhD83 ☆☆ You're TTA this cycle, right? Did you talk to your H about whether or not it's just one cycle?

EDD ☆☆ 1/30/15 @HoldingOutHope ☆☆ How did your biopsy go and how was your H's SA?

TTC since July 2012 
BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

Re: »»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

• @cfearsy you're not being a downer! you're allowed to be upset. I hope your appt goes great on Friday! ((HUGS)), lots of em! ;)
  • @CFearsy, I'm so sorry. :(

I really hope you're able to get your point across to the doctor and also set up a plan. If your concern is you LP, you should ask for 7dpo blood work (not CD 21, unless you O on CD 14). Also, do you plan on starting with a RE once it's been a year in January? If so, you may want to skip the testing with the OB and just try to set up a January appointment with a RE.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Loading the player...
  • AFM, I've been a pretty miserable person the last few days.

**pregnancy mentioned**

One of my coworkers announced her pregnancy on Friday. She just found out a few days earlier, so she's about 5 weeks at this point. First of all, she's telling everyone already. Practically the whole school knows, so everywhere I go, someone is making a comment like, "Can you believe ____ is pregnant?!" Not only that, but it's all she talked about all day. She even made a comment about being a "stuffed turkey" when we dress up for a celebration the day before Thanksgiving. Um, you'll be like 8-9 weeks along. STFU.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• BethKate2BethKate2 member
    edited October 2014

@Greeneyes842, I'm glad you're having a better week. Best of luck to you this cycle!

I wanted to punch my coworker today too. The worst part is that I just told her last week about my IF issues and how I was having the IUI on Monday. Why she thinks I'm the appropriate person to talk about her (surprise and sort of unwanted) pregnancy with, I don't know.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Hi ladies! (hugs) to all of you! I am struggling with trying to stay happy in the face of this month. I am trying not to sink into *I should be holding a baby now* mood. However I have decided to take control of my Hashi's but in order to do that I need to do more research, because my OB is such a turd he gave me a diagnosis and no info. I am also trying to figure out what all I need to do to stand up for myself. Such as do I need blood work at other times in my cycle? Should I head to the RE now? Also why has no doctor ever given me an ultrasound?!?! lol so that's where I am at.
    @CFearsy Huge hugs to you love!!!!
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • @Elliecat17, have you been TTC for a year or close to it? If so, I'd call the RE to set up consult.

The RE will probably start with CD 3 blood work and an u/s, an HSG, and then an SA for your H. Then you'll be able to start making a treatment plan from there

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @BethKate2, Hi! Thanks for the check-in! How are you? Have you boarded the CT yet? I have everything crossed for you!

@CFearsy, I'm so sorry :( it sounds like BK2 had some good advice. I don't have any advice to give, but wanted to send you big ((hugs)).

Can I join CFearsy in a Debbie Downer post? Sorry in advance, ladies! It's gonna be long and BLERG city. Soooooo after all that we've been through the past few months, here we are TTA for this cycle. I arrived to this decision because if I got PG this cycle I would *definitely* miss my sister's wedding next year. We decided to just TTA this 1 cycle (and by "we" I mean, MH still grumbles about it). If I get PG next cycle or later, I'd be more likely to be at her wedding (cause I'd be 37 weeks or less), but I guess I still can't guarantee anything. So despite the fact that TTA is my choice, I am still just pissed by the whole thing. I'm pissed that we had our loss in June, I'm pissed that I had the CP 2 cycles ago, I'm pissed that I'm not pregnant yet, I'm pissed that my sister is getting married and now I have to try to plan shit around her, and I'm scared I won't actually even be PG at all at her wedding.

Also, I saw a few friends this past weekend, and 1 is married and is planning to TTC next year. So she is super excited about it and she asked me if MH and I were still TTC (she knew we were earlier this year). And so I told her about our loss. She said she was sorry and she was actually really great about it and let me vent. But then the rest of the weekend she proceeded to casually mentioned TTC. E.g., "maybe I'll be PG next year!", "What kind of fun drinks should I have when I get PG?!", "I can't wait to see what I look like when I'm PG!" And I have nothing to add to that because my personal experience with TTC is not exciting anymore. So instead, I offered up responses that did have something to do with my experience, but they were soooooo debbie downer. I said no fewer than 10 times, "Well, when I was PG before, ......." So really it just was a constant reminder that I'm not PG and ultimately put me in a horrible mood by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for reading all of that. I'm rebounding a bit today, but I'm with CFearsy - all the feels and all the fears :(
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• @CFearsy, I'd recommend skipping the testing with the OB because working with people who are having trouble TTC isn't their specialty. They're trained to help you stay pregnant and to deliver babies, but they're not trained in fertility treatments. Too many OBs seem to prescribe meds (Clomid) without the proper testing (like an HSG) beforehand and monitoring during treatment. If you're looking to get started with testing/treatment, I'd go straight to a RE in January.

A RE will likely do CD 3 blood work when you start testing, but if you're concerned about your LP specifically, you'll want to know your progesterone levels during your LP (at 7dpo).

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• BethKate2BethKate2 member
    edited October 2014

@MrsPhD83, ((hugs))

I'm feeling down about this cycle. I've pretty much convinced myself that this IUI won't work, so I'm not feeling too crazy. I keep trying to remind myself that it could work, but I'm doubtful.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @BethKate2 it will be a year in January. You are a doll with all your information and help! The only thing I need to check is whether or not I have to be referred for insurance to cover or if I can just head that way. :) I have my Fx for you.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • @BethKate2 - Thanks for the check-in honey!  Wow, your temps are looking good!  So sorry that you have to deal with that co-worker.  Many (((((HUGS)))))

@CFearsy - All the (((((((((HUGS))))))))))) coming your way love!  I hope that your doc can answer some questions and deals with that incompetent doc.
    @GreenEyes842 - FX honey!
    @Elliecat17 - I don't know your entire history, but now might be a good time for a second opinion.  Whether it's an OB or RE, I'm not sure what is best. 
    @MrsPhD83 - So many (((HUGS))) coming your way.  Your friend definitely sounds clueless as to how to handle someone with a loss.  I'm so sorry that you had to endure that.  I hope that you don't see her too often. 

AFM:  Just trudging along.  I have a couple more weeks before I will O (if my cycles don't completely change) so nothing exciting happening here.  Just getting back into temping. 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • BethKate2 said:

@CFearsy, I'd recommend skipping the testing with the OB because working with people who are having trouble TTC isn't their specialty. They're trained to help you stay pregnant and to deliver babies, but they're not trained in fertility treatments. Too many OBs seem to prescribe meds (Clomid) without the proper testing (like an HSG) beforehand and monitoring during treatment. If you're looking to get started with testing/treatment, I'd go straight to a RE in January.

A RE will likely do CD 3 blood work when you start testing, but if you're concerned about your LP specifically, you'll want to know your progesterone levels during your LP (at 7dpo).

I 100% agree with BK. I wish I would have listened immediately and went to an RE instead of wasting 4 more cycles with my OB who pumped me full of clomid and tried to handle my IF DX. I went to the RE and I felt so much better. My RE did an Antral follice count on me and my OB had never done it. It's so different. They know what they're looking for and it didn't feel like a waste of time.
  • rslh10rslh10 member
    edited October 2014
    *pg mentioned*

@MrsPhD83‌ ((hugs)) it's so confusing when someone is ttc around you. You've had this shitty experience that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, and you want to be happy for the person but it seems impossible. I recently went to a kids birthday party and the mom told me she was Pregnant.....7 weeks maybe. And all I could think is, ugh...so early! Keep it to yourself because untelling is so hard. But she was so happy and excited that it just hurt my heart to even think about her having a loss.

She wanted to talk to me about it and I was cornered so I had to talk about it. But when she asked if we were going to ttc, I told her my story and she looked like she was going to cry. She said she was sorry and didn't know about my story etc ect, but I told her it was fine, how was she to know?

Ttcal makes me look at everything with "Debbie Downer" glasses on.

Also? This. From SNL.
  • @GreenEyes842 - Hmmm...how about now?
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013

• @GreenEyes842 - I just sent you a friend request to make stalking easier for both of us.  ;)
    6/2010

• @BethKate2, big ((hugs)) to you too. I'm sorry your coworker is being so insensitive and that she said those things even though she knows about the IF. And I'm sorry you're feeling so down about this cycle! I know it's hard though to get your hopes up when everything feels so challenging. I'm going to continue to be optimistic for you.

@Greeneyes842, your chart looks good!! Glad you are feeling better this week. FX for you this cycle :)

@rslh10, lol @ the SNL debbie downer. And I'm sorry that woman at the birthday party cornered you! Ugh. The worst! It's so hard to talk about stuff like that, especially in public when you aren't prepared. Now that she knows your story, I hope that she isn't so in your face about her being PG.

@CFearsy, more hugs coming your way! you are so right. TTC is just terrifying now. And draining. And I'm SOOOO with you about the weight gain. I've gained about 6 lbs since June, and this weekend when my friends were talking about their new fitness routines, I said "well, I couldn't work out much this summer because of my surgery...." blah blah blah DEBBIE DOWNER!!!! Ugh! I recently bought a fitbit and I find that it's really helped me to increase my activity. Sometimes I feel too blah to go for a run, but I can challenge myself to 10,000 steps a day! I highly recommend it!

@Elliecat17, sounds like you need a new doc or an RE! You deserve a doc who is dedicated to your health and treatment and not just someone who is throwing diagnoses at you.

@rmpar29, woohoo for being off the bench! It's hard to get back in to temping. I hope everything returns to normal! I'll be chart stalking you ;)

@jj32, thank you for thinking of me :) That's kind of weird about your spotting. Have you ever had it before last cycle? Do you have any upcoming doc appointments where you could ask them about it? Have a good time at your halloween party!! What are you dressing up as?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• jj32 said:

@MrsPhd83 I had spotting around O day before after my 1st loss for a few cycles. This just started happening last cycle where I am getting spotting after I wipe a few times a day. It started yesterday and it was there today too. I have some pain on my right side. I have no doctor's appointments coming up, and not sure if it warrants a call to the doctor. I did the Google thing, and read that it could be from the surge of estrogen. 

This year I am going to be a deer and my H is going to wear all his camo gear and bring his crossbow, so he will be my sexy hunter. ;) Here is my inspiration pic. I doubt my makeup will be that awesome though, but I am going to try.

Edit: tags
    @jj32, sounds like that could be it. If it gets much heavier in subsequent cycles, I would consider calling just to be safe. And your costume sounds so cool!!! That makeup is beautiful. Have fun!!
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• @rmpar29, good luck getting back into temping! I'm not reading into how high my temps were since I'm on progesterone. That's why I stopped temping last week. My temps don't really mean anything at this point.

@jj32, GL this cycle! I wouldn't worry about spotting so early in your cycle.

@CFearsy, progesterone seems to be an issue, but you should definitely have it tested around the middle of your LP, not the end since it could already be dropping around 12-14dpo.

@mrandmrsk91011, I'm sorry you're going through this right now. ((hugs))

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• AFM, I've been testing out my trigger and the test seemed negative yesterday, so I've decided to stop testing for a few days, and I'll probably test again on Friday (13dpt/11dpiui).  Betas are scheduled for next Monday, but I'll be testing at home before then. If I'm getting negatives (or if my period shows up), I probably won't go in for betas, and I'll just get a pregnancy test done at my CD 3 appointment to be 100% sure.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @BethKate2 - Sorry, I had forgotten you were on progesterone, which could explain the high temps.  I still have everything crossed for you lady and I hope that you get good news on Friday.  ((((HUGS))))

@JellicalParker - I put my thermometer on top of my cell phone, in front of my clock, right next to the bed.  So, it's the first thing I see when I look at the clock which reminds me to temp.  If I didn't do that, I would never remember!  Good luck!
    6/2010

• @Amybunny30 - I'm glad that you are cutting your hours back with the company that you are unhappy with.  I hope the upcoming weeks will be easier.  I'm glad to hear that your DH is getting closer to being ready.  I know that fear that comes with TTC again.  It's tough!  I hope that the weight loss starts going better.  Good luck!
    6/2010

• @mrandmrsk91011 - I'm so sorry that I missed your update earlier.  My DH is bipolar and I finally got him in to a doctor after years of begging him too.  I finally told him that I wasn't going to TTC until he got in and that finally motivated him enough to do it.  I'm sorry that you are encountering a similar experience with your DH.  I hope that you are able to get him to get help soon.  It's not easy to convince someone they need help.  Huge (((((HUGS)))))
    6/2010

• I <3 you all!
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"