May 2014 Moms

Breastmilk question

What are the rules when baby doesn't finish the whole bottle , after it was heated, do you dump it or does it keep for awhile? If so do you leave it out or put it in the fridge? And how long does it keep?

I have never really had to deal with her not taking her while bottle at daycare but with grama today she didn't.
Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breastmilk question

• My understanding is 4 - 6 hours at room temp is for BM untouched by baby. Once baby has started drinking from the bottle, it's now got bacteria from baby's mouth, so should be finished within 2 hours of starting.
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited October 2014
    @becole42‌ yeah, I think the recommended range is 1 - 2 hours. I tend to be comfortable with up to 2 hours personally, but would rather have daycare be more conservative.

Edited because I posted too soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've re-refrigerated BM and added to the next bottle on several occasions without any issues. Unless it was previously frozen, then I try to use within the 2 hours of it being warmed.

Maybe I'm just a rule breaker, but as long as it passes the sniff test, it's good in my eye. That's liquid gold, and I'm not dumping it unless I have to.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • I've re-refrigerated BM and added to the next bottle on several occasions without any issues. Unless it was previously frozen, then I try to use within the 2 hours of it being warmed. Maybe I'm just a rule breaker, but as long as it passes the sniff test, it's good in my eye. That's liquid gold, and I'm not dumping it unless I have to.
    So much this.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"