December 2014 Moms

Rough month ahead...

I'm not one to complain and have had an amazing pregnancy and am looking forward to my time off in December to hang out w my adorable new baby. However, the past few weeks have been very difficult. My mother was diagnosed w breast cancer and had a double mastectomy on Tuesday. It's so crazy seeing my mother go through something like this. This is supposed to be the happiest time in my life and between the crying, hospital visits to see her, work, me still needing to get my money in order for my maternity leave, and school.... I'm a mess. I guess I'm just needing to vent Bc in reality I'm really scared for my mom but I'm also upset that this amazing time in my pregnancy has been taken away from me. It's selfish I know. Cancer sucks. We are still waiting on her results from her surgery but they say things aren't looking too good. They think it has spread to other parts of her body. I'm scared. I feel helpless. Anyone else gone through this or is going through something like this? How am I supposed to be happy when I'm so miserable?

Re: Rough month ahead...

• I'm sorry :( It sucks to go through something like that while pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry. Stay as positive as possible and keep the faith. You will be in my prayers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be thinking of you and her. It's not quite the same, but I have a co-worker who recently went through this. It had spread and she did chemo which didn't work. She is now doing radiation which appears to be going well. It's been a long road for her but things are looking good. Such a stressful thing and a really bad time for it to happen. (not that there is a good time) I agree cancer sucks.
  • I don't have any experience but I hope you can try to stay positive for you, your baby, and your mom's sake. I'm very sorry to hear you are going through this.
  • I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through. We have had a lot of stuff going on in my family too-thankfully nothing quite so serious-but it's been overwhelming
  • I am mostly a lurker her, don't post much, sorry about that, but I have been through this. I sent you a PM
  • Life is so confusing during times like this. My husband's grandfather is pretty much set to die within the next month or two, when I'm due to have my baby. It's so difficult to deal with death and sickness when you're bringing new life into the world, and I know it's hard to be happy when you're faced with potential loss or hardship.
    I'm trying to hold on to the idea that life is so precious, and it's so delicate. For all of us everyday. Try to keep your hopes up for your mom. Spend quality time with her. Tell her you love her and be there for her, and thank her for all she's done to make your life what it is today. There is hope! They've been saying my husband's grandfather has 1-2 months to live for 6 months now. We've been so blessed to have him with us, and we keep praying to keep him around as long as God allows.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Sending positive vibes to your mom and to you. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sorry for what you are dealing with.
  • I'm so sorry T&Ps off you and your family.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry you are going through this - positive thoughts to you and your family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm praying for you and your family. Hang on to your Mom and take it one day at a time.
  • I'm really sorry to hear about your mom--I hope her treatment goes well. Sending good vibes your way.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• I'm so sorry. I hope the results are better than you are expecting. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at a routine mammogram a year and a half ago. It was devastating and is hard to see someone who you rely on be the one who needs to rely on you. Lots of hugs and prayers!

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited October 2014
    Cancer is a bitch. Don't feel selfish, I'm sure your mom hates that this is taking away from all the happy things she wants to be enjoying about her grandbaby too. It's totally normal to have a billion different emotions right now (especially while pregnant) and they are all legit. I'm so sorry about what you and your family are going though. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• There are actually quite a few women on this board that have a close relative with cancer. My MIL was in remission with AML and found out in August the cancer was back. She spent August 5th to October 11th in the hospital. She went back in 5 days later to prep for a Stem Cell Transplant. She has had a rough time from the transplant more than she ever did with the Chemo. My baby shower was the 4th of October and the nurses let her escape as long as she was back for shift change. This is our first and she is having a hard time not being as involved, the further along I get the harder it is to sit in a car for 2 hours to go see her. We hope she is out by Thanksgiving, she will probably have to wait until we get discharged to meet the baby because she is neutropenic and going to a hospital in a non isolated transplant wing is dangerous. She did Christmas last year and we spent 2 weeks lingering in an ICU waiting room. It is hard and I can't imagine the emotions that she is going through, but trying to stay positive is the best. I get angry when they talk about options on stopping treatments or not exploring all options and I voice my opinion. It may not help, but I think it is important that someone stands up and says keep trying, don't give up.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Thank you all so much for your kind words. This whole thing has been overwhelming but hearing from you all has really made me feel better. I'll keep everyone updated and thanks for praying for us :-)
  • I'm so sorry your mom is going through this. Lots of good thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • so sorry that you have to be going through this - sending positive thoughts and many prayers your way. 
  • No experience with this but I feel for you. Praying for your family. It's ok to take time both to grieve and to be joyful about your LO, and it's ok for the feelings to mix too...it's also ok to throw yourself a pity party from time to time and think about how unfair things are. Seek support when you need it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"