June 2015 Moms
Options

Diclegis - helping a lot :)

Hello ladies,
I posted earlier this week about maybe taking Zofran cause my nausea was so bad. Nothing sounded good and combined with fatigue and exhaustion, I was miserable day after day. My nurse recommended Diclegis rather than Zofran. Basically it's an antihistamine and B6.

I took two before bed time last night. It knocked me out and I slept better. And even though I had a hard time getting out of bed, I woke up hungry, not nauseous. It is wonderful! I had the tiniest bit of nausea while making my breakfast but once I ate it was satisfying and gone. I am so grateful for this, I even seem to have more energy.

If you are struggling and missing work like I was, try this, it is apparently safe for pregnant woman, In fact that is who it's made for. :)

I am hoping it continues to work. I don't want to continue unless I have to but this is a savior during these early weeks of misery. Modern medicine can be amazing. I am a 'naturalist' and try not to take any meds...but this is something special.

Re: Diclegis - helping a lot :)

• Options
    It's amazing, right?? It's actually the ONLY FDA approved drug for morning sickness, and it's as safe as prenatals.

I felt like a complete zombie after my first night of taking it, but I'm on day three and the drowsiness is definitely getting better. I still feel twinges of nausea throughout the day but it's sooo much better than all day puking.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    Omg I just took my first 2 pills last night; lifesaver! I was knocked out and actually didn't feel like puking in the morning for once. It's good to hear that the drowsiness will ease up cuz that's a big problem when my toddler is expecting me to be uo and ready to play when she is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking my first one tomorrow for a wedding. FX for good results!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is the wedding tomorrow? You should take the 2 pills tonight. And just a heads up, it makes you reallly drowsy at first.
  • Options
    Yessss!!! I just got a prescription for diclectin ( the canadian name) and it has actually saved my life! I also don't like to take any medication usually buy after 3 weeks of feeling like I have a terrible hangover it's great to feel normal again! Yay for drugs!!!!
  • Options
    Yes, it's totally like having a hang over without the help of this, I am so grateful for this stuff! I have been feeling pretty good all day actually. Have my appetite back which can only help my little growing bean. :)
  • Options
    Good to hear! I'm glad it's working well for you. I finally reached the point yesterday of researching medications for the all-day nausea I've been having since week 6. Eating small bites frequently is just not been cutting it anymore, and I've felt really awful for the past week and a half or so. I started taking B6 yesterday, and I think it's helping a bit, but I may calling my dr for a prescription if things don't improve over the weekend. I'm 9w2d, so maybe only another month or so of this?? I'm hoping. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"