1st Trimester

Bleeding and Slow HCG levels

I have been having minor vaginal bleeding since last Tuesday. No pain or cramping. And it hasn't gotten any heavier. I had my HCG level done on last Tuesday, when being told the sac was still in my uterus. It was 4312. At the time I was only 5 weeks and 4 days, so they didn't see the fetal pole yet. On last Thursday, my HCG level had only risen to 4773, and then on Saturday to 4900. The ER doctor basically told me that he was pretty sure I'd be miscarrying and that I just had to wait for it to happen Naturally. My gyn doctor wants me to have blood work done again today, and I'll have the results tomorrow. I'm nervous. Anybody every experience this????

Re: Bleeding and Slow HCG levels

• Sorry you are dealing with this. 
    Sounds similar to when I had an ectopic, but the fact that they saw the sac in your uterus is a good sign (likely not ectopic). However, your numbers are going up very slowly. I'm sorry to say it doesn't look promising. T&P to you. 
  • Hello All, numbers have gone up again to 5720. Had another HCG test done on yesterday. I went to the ER because the doctor chosen for my prenatal care won't be available to see me for my first visit until November 4th. My GYN has been monitoring me until then, however, he does not do prenatal care. Yet he has been very helpful. I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow at 2pm. Prayerfully I will have better answers. I'll actually only be 6 weeks and 5 days according to my date of conception. Whichever the case, My husband and I have pretty much prepared ourselves to accept whatever comes of this. I'll keep everyone posted.
  • Loading the player...
  • summergirl1211 I am not filling up a pad at all. I don't even wear pads. I just place a little tissue in my underwear, which is sufficient currently. It typically only happens when I wipe if I use the bathroom. It's not really coming down at all and definitely not heavy. It is brighter than when it started however, but again, not thick. That's why I am so confused. I have no pain or cramping either. I'm just going to continue to pray on it and continue to patiently play the waiting game. Thank you all for your prayers and feedback.
  • Yes summergirl1211. She specializes in prenatal care and fertility. So prayerfully things will be a lot better with her. However, the sonogram tomorrow is being done at Seton Imaging and will be reviewed by my GYN doctor. He just wants to see if a fetal pole has developed at least. Last Tuesday, we only saw the sac and yolk sac. They said it was too early to see a fetal pole.
  • I just posted above and I'm going through something similar. My HCG numbers have slowed a lot and my progesterone has dropped very low. My OB says I have a threatened miscarriage. I'm also spotting but not really cramping. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Any news yet on your end?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, sonogram still showing gestational sac and yolk sac where it needs to be, but no fetal pole. HCG numbers have now dropped to 5013. My GYN doctor stated that I've miscarried. However, nothing has actually happened physically yet. I am still having minor vaginal bleeding however. I have another appointment on Monday to discuss my next step. However, my wishes are to still allow things to happen naturally. I'll give it another week and see what happens from there.
  • I am so sorry.
  • Than you all. We are well. I kind of figured this is how it would end up based on the series of events. I'll continue to keep you posted.
  • I am so sorry for your loss :(
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You all are not going to believe this!! So where I was prepared to go to the GYN on yesterday to discuss my D&C, I got a call from his office telling me that he did not wish to see me, yet wanted to have my blood work done again and sonogram in two weeks. Well, I went yesterday as instructed. I called this morning for my results and asked, "What number have I gone down to now?" and she said, "you are NOT going to believe this but your number is 6076!!" I don't know what's happening, but it doesn't sound like a miscarriage smh I have an appointment today with the PRENATAL DOCTOR!!!! I will definitely keep everyone posted on the outcome. This is definitely SHOCKING!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"