February 2015 Moms
Options

Advice on baby bath products!! Which brand is the best?

Have heard mixed reviews abt Johnson & Johnson products..which is the most safe and commonly used bath products for babies ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    We had to use nothing but aveeno due to DS sensitive skin. I suggest not stocking up, or you might get stuck with products you can't use. We had a ton of J&J from our baby shower that got given away.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
    We tried a lot of different things, but Shea Moisture Baby ended up being our favorite!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We got a bunch of J&J as gifts and there wasn't anything wrong with it for us... we still use it and I love the smell. But we did invest in Baby Aquaphor lotion that did wonders for DD's dry skin.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with Jaz. A lot of folks swear by Aveeno, but it actually irritated DD's skin and the lotions gave her a rash. My personal favorite is the yellow Baby Magic. It's a little drying in the winter time when DD's skin is at its worst, but it works well for us and smells great.

• Options
    I love Burt's Bees products. We use the baby wash/shampoo and it is great. The lotion is also really soothing in my opinion. I also like to use it on my hands when they get dried out from washing them so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we used Aveeno and Babyganics 2 n 1 foam  - still using the 2 n 1 foam and love it.
  • Options
    I like J&J now but liked using babyganics and aveeno when DS was younger.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Shea Moisture Baby is my favorite. It smells really good and is really gentle.
  • Options
    I like California Baby, Mustela, Babyganics and some home made/local products.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Love me some Baby Magic! The pink original scented lotion just smells like babies to me!
  • Options
    DS did not do well with J&J so we ended up giving it all away too.

We use the following:
    - shampoo is Selson Blue Naturals because at two he still gets cradle cap when I stop using it
    - soap is most anything sensitive or natural
    - lotion is Vani Cream Lite. The pediatrician recommended it for a rash he had as an infant and I liked it so I kept using it
  • Options
    I got a ton of J and J at baby showers and it worked fine until about a month ago when DD broke out with some nasty eczema all of a sudden. Now we have to use Aveeno and I have all this J&J stuff. If this baby can't use it I will have to give it away.
  • Options
    My pedi said to stay away from Johnson and Johnson for my son. It really irritated his eczema. She said to stick with aveeno so that's what I'll do for baby too.

• Options
    I use the Honest Co. on me and am planning on using it on the baby. That's my plan but we will see how baby likes it!
  • Options
    Burt's Bees or Arbonne Baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Aveeno for us, J&J didn't work. Burt's Bees is also good

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used J&J and the girls were fine with it.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DS breaks out pretty badly from J&J. We use Aveeno baby wash with Aquaphor lotion and have never had an issue.

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options
    When DS was a baby we used the Aveeno naturals. Now we use Baby Magic which i love, it reminds me of my grandma!
  • Options
    Burt's bees and j&j here.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    With DD I used J&J the kind that is shea butter just because it smelled so good and I liked how it made her skin moisturized. At that time 7 years ago aveeno didn't have a baby line and neither did burts bees. Living in a small town my only choices where J&J or the knock of J&J that walmart sold and the family dollar.

But now they have apply honey scent so I'd really like to try that one but this LO will get J&J unless he has issues with it.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    My babies will get whatever is on sale or generic! lol. I use Equate and Up and Up products all the time.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    cls78 said:
    My babies will get whatever is on sale or generic! lol. I use Equate and Up and Up products all the time.
    IDK if its just me but I prefer up and up over equate. The up and up seems to be a better quality over all in everything I've tried of it.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Burts bees and babyganics are my favorite. Worth every penny in my opinion. I try to avoid the chemicals as much as possible. And I love the smell of Burts bees shampoo/wash!
  • Options
    I make my own shower gel. It is easy, cheaper and you can customize what you want. I have very sensitive skin like breaking out in hives when my skin touches certain dyes or chemicals and while I do check bottles and labels I still get surprised sometimes if anyone wants to try it here is the soap recipe it's below - if you buy everything at once definitely costs more than a bottle of shower gel but it makes a lot of batches. 2c liquid glycerin, 1c distilled water, 3/4 tsp salt, 1tbsp jojoba oil, 25-30 drops of essential oil (I love tea tree and mint) pop it into a bottle shake and you're done. I plan on trying out homemade wipes too. Btw I work full time and I'm the laziest person alive - don't judge.
  • Options

@jaztastic can't afford baby soap after buying the dolce and gabbana high chair so don't listen to her.

pick whatever soap for the kid that you like.

Lmfao and just chocked on my coffee. Love this :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Honest company! And they sell it at target now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"