Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro

First of all let me say, I'm so sad for anyone else who is on this board enduring the same difficult thing. It's impossible to understand until you go through it but this is really on of the most emotionally draining times of my life as I am sure it is for you too.

After dating for 7 years my husband and I got married last September. I came off of the pill when I finished my last pack in early August. On September 9th I got my first BFP. I was ecstatic. The wait for the first ultrasound felt like an eternity. I should have been 8 week and 1 day pregnant. I knew as soon as the image came up on the screen that the baby wasn't as big as it should be but there was  a heartbeat. A strong 148 bpm heartbeat. The doctor assured us not to worry that I'd probably just ovulated late having just come off the pill. I didn't think anything of it. I should have looked at a calendar. My LMP began 8/11. How could I ovulate two weeks late and get a positive test on September 9th?

I didn't have any symptoms. I knew deep down something wasn't right. They tell you to consider yourself lucky. The women on the BMB make snarky remarks if you mention concern about being asymptomatic. I discounted my gut feeling telling myself that I didn't know anything about what it feels like to be pregnant this must be normal.

I began spotting on Thursday night. Nothing too concerning. It was brown and it was light and I didn't have pain. Still I called the nurse first thing on Friday. She seemed annoyed telling me it is normal and only to call again if it were red and I was in pain. By Saturday the bleeding increased and shifted from brown to red. At midnight I woke with regular painful cramps. What I can only imagine contractions might be like. I should have been 11 weeks along. How is this happening to me? Why??? After a long sleepless night I finally felt the pregnancy pass. What a traumatizing moment that was. I will never forget it. 

I called the doctor first thing on Monday. Two hours later, still no call back. I call again and finally they get me in for the ultrasound. Seeing my empty uterus on the screen where a little baby with a heartbeat had been just two  weeks earlier is just heart wrenching. They say we can try again after one cycle. I'm not sure I'm ready. How long are you waiting to try again? I don't know if I can handle the emotional roller coaster again.

Re: Intro

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs) My OB advised me to wait three cycles, so that is what I am doing. Take your time to grieve and make the decision when you are ready.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Options
    I'm sorry that you find yourself here but welcome.

It really depends on the person (woman and man) as to when they are emotionally ready. I won't lie, you will most likely never forget this MC but you have to be strong enough mentally to deal with another pregnancy.

Advice differs from Dr to Dr as to how long they suggest you wait but if your trust the Dr then you should listen to what they say.

There is no right answer, you will know when you're ready. Make sure you keep the communication open with your husband and decide the next step together. Good luck to you.
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I'm not waiting...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"