November 2014 Moms

6cm. 38 weeks. No contractions. Waiting...

I'm trying so very hard to be patient. I was checked on Monday at my doctors appointment and was 4.5cm dilated at 10am and 6 at 4pm. My doctor sent me straight to triage and said, "you're having a baby tonight!"
I was so excited. Not scared. And not realizing I was contracting at all. I told my sister to buy her flight and i spent a few hours at the hospital. At around 9pm the nurses/on call doctor asked if I wanted to go home. I wasn't contracting and I hadn't progressed any. They checked 1/2 dozen times.
I did want to go home. Since I tested + for strep b they wanted me back first thing in the morning to get more antibiotics. So, 6am... I go back and still no progress, still no contractions, intact waters... Sent home again. Now it's Friday. I'm 38 weeks. My sister is going home Sunday and I am selfishly hoping my water breaks or I go into labor so I can have my sister here and so I can meet my baby. She's obviously not ready. I keep reminding myself of that. But I'm working on trying not to feel disappointed that she's not here. I wish the doctor would never had said, "you're having a baby tonight". Not her fault, just got super excited. Now the waiting game.

Re: 6cm. 38 weeks. No contractions. Waiting...

• Yup.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• 38-42 weeks is "full term". It may happen tomorrow, it may happen 4 weeks from now.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I would ask them to break my water at this point. There is no use waiting it out IMO.
  • It very well may be a matter of days, OP. I made it to 6-7+ cm with no contractions with my full term babies. It's less common to be that dilated for days/weeks, but it does happen to some women.

My midwife with #3 had a client pregnant with #5 that was 8 cm for two weeks. By the end of the two weeks she was done and they agreed to ROM. Baby was born 10 minutes later. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Trying walking and movement, but other than that, your baby will come when ready. Letting the baby come on its own is best and you're a trooper for letting the baby decide when the time is right. Hang in there, you're almost done!

• Shame on your doctor for getting your hopes up. Ugh. Hang in there. You are so right, baby will come when ready!

He/she prob meant well. Was very likely an educated, medically supported guess.

I'm one of the odd balls in no hurry for baby to come out. Eek -- getting nostalgic about last moments of life with just hubby.

Hang in there, OP. Plenty of days ahead with precious baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"