Blended Families
Options

BM strikes again.....

So SS (13yo) is with his BM for the Winter Break. 

For the first 5 days there, he was made to come inside at 6pm, even though his 8 yo friend (the only kid he is allowed to play with), gets to stay out longer. 

BM ONLY lifted that restriction after the third evenings worth of bad attitude by SS.  She did not want to continue to hear about how "he could stay out till 10 at Dad's house"...."Dad trusts him"...."there is nothing to do inside" you get the picture. 

So yesterday, BM tells SS to play outside ALL day - to give her some space.  SS is under the impression that he is going to be able to spend the night with this friend of his (again - the friend is 8 yo - but he is the ONLY child on the street and SS is not allowed to go around the block in a ginormous, very safe, 5 mile wide subdivision). 

At the very last minute, BM decides that she now WANTS SS to be home at 6 so they can snuggle (she realizes that SS is coming home in a couple days).  Of course SS - who was basically kicked out of the house is now being forced back into the house at her whim - gets upset.

So we get a call to come pick him up NOW!!!!!

DH gets on the phone with BM to confirm SS's version and BM says YES, she did give SS the impression he could spend the night, but has changed her mind. 

DH asks her "Did you tell SS the reason, that you realized he was leaving and that you wanted to spend some special time together?"

BM says "Why should I.  It is my perogative (yes, she actually said this) as a parent to say no and have MY child do what I say."

DH tries to explain to her that SS is no longer 5 and that as a teenager, you have to start picking and choosing your "Because I Said So" moments with allowing your soon to be adult some say over his life.

She does not get it.  And even gets angry at DH about HIS parenting decisions.  She actually starts in on the fact that we took SS off of his medications.  

Which had DH rip her a new one.  He told her that she better provide the documentation/Dr notes that led her to PUTTING him on Meds before she tries to question us taking SS off the meds.

She starts to get snippy and DH reminds her that he has NEVER been given the Doctors notes from the ONE Shrink who supposedly diagnosed SS with Bi-Polar, even though DH is, by the CO, allowed that information.  He also mentions how questionable this diagnosis is, since the shrink has yet to provide the information to SS's new providers.  One would think that a doctor would be happy to share his deductions with his peers.

He also stated that since we have had SS to a Therapist, Psychologist and a FULL work-up by TWO Neuropsychologist who ALL agree that SS is not only NOT Bi-Polar, but NOT depressed and who also agree that most of SS's issues (yes, he does have a problem with how fast he processes information) are nurture related,  HE WILL FOLLOW THEIR ADVICE  -  which was to wean the boy off his meds.

He almost let it slip that this very question is going to be brought up when we go to court (if she refuses to give us FULL CUSTODY) in the summer.

Yes, SS is a pain in the buttocks.  Yes, he is a bundle of anger and frusttations.  But common...how could he NOT be if he has a mother who smothers him like a 5 yo, does not provide age approrpiate expectations (he does not make his own breakfast or clean his own room or even have to take a shower) and tries to medicate him from growing up.

SO MUCH DAMANGE.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: BM strikes again.....

• Options
    Wow. What a case. Is SHE on meds?
  • Options

imagej+k:
    Wow. What a case. Is SHE on meds?

Actually she IS on meds, but has never been formally diagnosed.  Go figure!

To this very second, I am amazed at how clueless and needy and self-centered she is.

I mean COME ON - who expects a 13 yo to come in the house before dark?  At the same time not giving him anything else to do?  And then to be SHOCKED that he gets bored and pissy?

It is almost like she WANTS to rile him up to then be able to yell at him.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My BM does that. She will call and tell my older SS something that she KNOW will upset him and then hang up.

They need to get lives!

• Options

Seems like we all have one of those psycho BM's who turns SC world upside down.  I know mothers like to have that "because I said so" thing, but to expect a 13 yr old to come in and "snuggle" is a extremely mental.

My SS's BM does some crappy stuff too.  Devin (SS) is only 6 yrs old.  And in his short 6 years she has completely wrecked his life. She hasn't been to see him in a month claiming since she has to pay child support she doesn't have any food to give him to eat.  And even before that she would take him to visit his brother in "Sheepard Pratt" a mental institution where he just sits in a room for 2 hrs and then she brought him back home.  The day after Xmas she came to bring some gifts.  Devin opened his items (3) and went to his room by himself to play with them.  I went in his room and reminded him that he had company and his mom was here.  He went back out.  She was there 10 mins longer when she said she had to leave.  Probably there a total of 20 mins.  Devin looked up at her and asked "Can I come stay with you this weekend mommy"? She responded no.  Then he asked about just that night and her response was "NO, I can't don't ask anymore, I will call and let you know when you can come stay the night with me".  Poor Devin, he's only 6 and feels his mommy doesn't love him.  Within an hour after she left, he was literally sick.  He vomited 2 times and went to bed.  The next day he was fine.  We think he was so upset he made himself sick.  Poor thing. Nasty mom.

Sorry for the long post.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"