October 2014 Moms
Options

C-Section Recovery Check-In

How far out are you from the surgery? How is your recovery coming along?

Are you dealing with any complications from the surgery or issues with pain medication?

What signs of progress in your recovery have you seen lately?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-Section Recovery Check-In

• Options
    I had my c-section 18 days ago! It sounds like a long time, but I've definitely still got a long way to go to be completely healed. I had my two-week post-op check up on Thursday, and was cleared to drive and go for walks. I'm more excited about going for walks with the boy in his stroller, since that seems to calm him down for a little while.
  • Options
    sarajones84sarajones84 member
    edited October 2014
    I'm 3 weeks out, and feeling great! I was up and walking as soon as I could feel my legs. Everyone in the hospital was shocked at how well I was doing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    10 days since surgery. Swelling is pretty much down. Swelling above incision is almost gone and I'm felling more like myself.
  • Options
    @scottysgirl77‌ For me it was Saturday night, which was 22 days post op.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    17 days since DS2's birthday!

I'm feeling about 85% but am still bruised and swollen around my incision site. It doesn't hurt at all anymore though. It just looks so much worse than it did with DS1, but at my two week visit they said it looked like it was healing well so I guess I was just lucky the first time?

I'm also still having a fair amount of pp bleeding. It's not bright red anymore but still seems like a light to moderate period flow. I can't remember when the bleeding stopped last time but thought it was supposed to be over by now.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options
    I'm five weeks out tomorrow from my c-section. Feeling great! I too was lucky and had a really easy time moving around pretty immediately after surgery so I think that really has helped me get things moving.

I occasionally feel a tugging sensation at the incision site in the evenings, but it really has been a speedy recovery.

DH and I just had sex yesterday (using protection) and went slow. No pain. :)

• Options

I am one week out, and I thought I was doing well initially but the last two days have been more painful. It's hard for me to gauge what's normal because I know most people take narcotics and I'm only taking ibuprofen... So I'm hoping the pain from being up and around more is normal.

Are you dealing with any complications from the surgery or issues with pain medication?

I react really badly to meds so I refused everything after the surgery was over except Tylenol and ibuprofen. I also have this new bandage that you don't move for 2 weeks, so I feel like I have no idea how it's healing.

I wish my doctor had told me more about what to expect with my recovery. I feel a bit like I'm overdoing it and yet like I should be able to do more.
  • Options
    3 days out... I am still so surprised I ended up with a c section. It gets really sore when the pain meds wear off, and I'm moving really slow. But I think overall I feel better than I did after my 24 hour labor with DD1. Doctor said it should heal nicely...hoping I can make myself take it easy and enjoy all the help family is offering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 4 days post op right now. While I'm still kind of in disbelief I ended up with a c section, I'm feeling better. I was able to get up and walk around pretty quickly after surgery and I think that has helped me a little. I'm still on narcotic pain meds but I'm working on spacing out the doses. I feel some tenderness at the incision site and I'm still swollen but overall I'm surprised at how much better I'm feeling over the last few days. Still no driving or long walks until I go back to the doctor, though.
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
  • Options

Surgery was today at 1330 EST I am doing really well up walking around this evening. Had my catheter out within a couple hours of surgery. Feeling great. A little crampy from the tubal portion.

No complications thus far. I still on the PCA tomorrow I go down to the Motrin 800 and Norco.

Being able to get up and walk so quickly was great. The nurses were shocked I took it upon myself to get up.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm 3days post-op. Feeling pretty good. Still taking ibuprofen and Percocet every 6hrs or so to manage pain and help healing. The swelling is killing me though. My feet are huge and it almost feels like my toes go numb.

It may be tmi but I happy to have my first post-op bm tonight.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options

@ashie0610‌ I'm still bleeding. It had stopped after about a week but came back at 2 weeks. OB said it was normal for it to be on and off for up to 8 weeks. (It better not be that long!)

This makes me feel a lot better. 8 weeks though? Ugh.
    PM me for blog link!

• Options

About 2.5 weeks out.  Recovery has been slow but steady.

Nope.  Stopped the heavy pain meds after day 5 and take an occasional Advil for pain in the evenings.

I'm strong enough to start wearing baby in my baby K'tan.  I still have problems with lifting anything heavy, but am hoping to start driving this coming week.  Looking forward to being able to leave the house!

• Options
    I'm a week out and I feel great. Today was the first day since the day of surgery that I have had much pain but that's because I felt so good yesterday I overdid it (shopping, cleaning, hosting visit from the ILs). I took it easier today and feel fine now.  I felt pretty good after my CS with DD but I feel even better this time, maybe because it was planned?

The hardest part is not being able to lift DD when she asks. I feel like I could do it but I know I had better not. I have quite a bit of pain on the right side where my OB knots the stitches but only when I move in a certain way - usually getting out of bed to feed DS. I didn't know that the first time I had a CS and woke up one night with searing pain and called L&D about it. This time I was prepared.

I have had one symptom I never did with DD - night sweats/chills. I don't attribute it to the CS but just to birth but it was weird the first time it happened. Dr. Google says it isn't unusual but I have never heard anyone mention it before.
  • Options
    MollyC20MollyC20 member
    edited October 2014
    Hello! This is my first post on the c-section thread! I had an emergency one on the 20th and didn't even have a csection on my radar for birth (not the smartest thing) but doing well! Taking ibeprofin during the day and narc at night.

Question for you ladies: when I look at my deflated stomach one side droops ally more than the other -- anyone else? Is that normal?

Other than that recovery is going pretty well -- pain is more manageable than I was anticipating. Hope y'all's is all going well and we get to feeling back to normal soon!

Eta words

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @FamousEa‌, does it happen all the time? I had period type cramps when DS2 was nursing in the first few days but that was due to my uterus contracting back to normal size.

• Options
  • Options
    6 weeks out from my section. I occasionally get achy at the end of the day still. I think that it's from baby wearing DD in the Moby. Also she fights sleep and when she's lying against me she'll kick me in the gut and that doesn't feel too great. I dropped off the pain killers as soon as I could because I hate the way they make you feel when trying to come off of them so I think it made me a little slower. I think the pre e also didn't help me recover very well. I have yet to put on anything that's not maternity pants because the rubbing around the bikini area still bothers me and I don't like to be squeezed. Hopefully this is normal. I think most of my stomach swelling is finally gone.
  • Options

@ashie0610‌ I'm still bleeding. It had stopped after about a week but came back at 2 weeks. OB said it was normal for it to be on and off for up to 8 weeks. (It better not be that long!)

Ugh, mine started back this morning. I'm just over 3 weeks pp. I guess this is normal?
    @dorothyzbornak97‌ I think so. Mine kind of tapered off again a couple days ago and then I noticed more this morning, but much lighter than it was. I'm also 3 weeks pp. As long as there are not large clots my doctor doesn't seem concerned.
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    I am 8 days pp and feel pretty good. This is my 3rd c so I knew what to expect. Nights are the hardest, getting in and out of bed for feedings. I have had the worst headaches though. To the point where I might actually call the doctor.
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm 13 days out from my RCS today and today has been a big turning point for me. I feel noticeably better and have been doing things around the house. I did take an ibuprofen about an hour ago to alleviate any discomfort I may feel later as a result though.

This recovery period has been night and day different from my last. I was in active labor for 26 hours and got to a 9.5 before requiring an emergency CS. That was extremely hard for me to take mentally and even harder for me to take physically. I'm still sad I didn't take the opportunity VBAC because I would rather that experience over a scheduled cesarean, but my baby is healthy and I know I chose the right thing for both of us.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
  • Options
    jmw222 said:
    I am 8 days pp and feel pretty good. This is my 3rd c so I knew what to expect. Nights are the hardest, getting in and out of bed for feedings. I have had the worst headaches though. To the point where I might actually call the doctor.
    I have a stepstool with two steps by my side of the bed for this very reason. It's helped tremendously and I wish I had thought to get one last time around.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 - 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12
    BFP #2 - 4/5/2012 - Son Born 12/12/12
    BFP #3 - 2/2/2014 - EDD 10/16/2014
  • Options
    I'm 11 days out, and feeling great. I never felt "pain" per se, but more so some stiffness and muscle soreness.

The narcotics never worked, and I only took them when I got home because it never occurred to me that I should just buy Motrin over the counter.

My skin is very sensitive, and didn't tolerate the procedure well at all. I had major vaginal swelling and abscess formation. Heat application snd antibiotics have gotten it to the point where it's draining, so better days are in sight. Thank goodness for granny panties :-)
  • Options
    C section due to pre term labor on July 29th I'm 3 months out . I had a spinal headache the first three days was awful . I was driving about one week later due to having to go back and forth to nicu .

Dreaded post opp! The pressing on my tummy is what hurt the most if wanted to kick my doctor other than that everything went well. 12 weeks out it's as if nothing happened I feel great just numbness
  • Options
    I'm about 10 hours out from my unexpected c-section. I wish they would let me walk around. I've had the feeling back in my legs almost immediately afterwards. They said they will disconnect everything and let me get up around 6 am today.
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 5 weeks PP and still feeling soreness and a bit of pain at night around the incision. Its while I am in bed after sleeping for an hour or two. BTDT moms when did the soreness go away?
    I feel fine during the day and I am up and about but I wonder if I am doing too much or if the soreness is normal at this point. I guess I expected to be good by now.
    I have my OB app today so I guess I'll now for sure soon.

@MrsCunningham22‌ I'm 6 weeks PP and this is the first week that I haven't felt achy or anything to that effect. I do not know if it's a fluke I still try not to over do it during the day but in getting restless sitting around...finally!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"