September 2012 Moms

Is Atlantis fun for kids?

We're thinking of going somewhere in Nov or Dec for a fun trip with Winn before #2 arrives.  I'm kind of feeling like I want one really good vacation with her before life gets crazier. 

Is it warm in Nov/Dec?  Are the "value" and "coral" towers complete crap?

OR......... other recommendations?  I would love a beach.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Is Atlantis fun for kids?

• @AlinnJo and @BPer have been with their kiddos I do believe.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't stayed there, we did a day trip when we were on a cruise. It is beautiful. It seemed to have a lot of things for older kids to do (think 6+ years) it had a ton of adult things to do that you might not want to drag W along to, so I'm not sure how that would play out. I was only there for the day though!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went for a day trip over thanksgiving when I was 11, they had a really fun aquarium that we spent hours in, we also swam in the pools and the ocean. We took DD to Hawaii last February and it was the best time, we saw whales and turtles from our hotel and were also able to do some tide pooling right there. The pools were great too. Honestly if the flight wasn't so long I would say it was the perfect vacation with a toddler. We stayed for 11days and spent about $1800 -$2000 total.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MH & I went to the Bahamas in December & it was gorgeous weather.

We stayed at the RIU palace, which is right next door to Atlantis. We were given visitor pass bracelets which gave limited access to Atlantis. This was before kids, though, so can't speak to how many actual activities there are for 2 year olds. But the aquarium was really fun.

• Oh my. We would go back in a heartbeat. We went last November. The aquarium was so fun. She could walk around there forever. Quinn would enjoy it much more now at 2. Winnie would have a blast. They have a kids water area with slides and water cannons and such. They have calmer small slides too. She could also hang out with you on the lazy river. The coral towers are real far from the pool. I'd recommend being a little closer, it's a long walk.

The one drawback is food is EXPENSIVE. I'm talking $14 for a small box of pop tarts. We ended up doing the $35 dollar per person buffet (Quinn was free) for breakfast and skipping lunch. I may have brought a big purse and stuck apples and bananas in for a snack later.... 

Overall, we'd love to go back. And we will go back in the next couple of years. We prefer there over the Hawaii just because you get the same weather with a LOT shorter flight!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tinyhumantoe

Just getting here for the first time this week, it's been crazy.

We would go back in a heartbeat as well, and probably will next November.  There's tons of age-appropriate stuff for our kiddos in terms of splash pools, play areas, etc.  

And Hannah loved the aquarium.

And yeah, shiz is EXPENSIVE.  You won't be drinking though, so that should save you some money. ;)

• Please take me with you.   :-h
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the feedback!

I was feeling all...... who cares if I am flopping and jiggling around in a bathing suit, I'm going somewhere warm!  Now I'm having second thoughts.  My legs are so cellulitey and my arms are big and my........... well, the list goes on.

I might look again at prices tomorrow.  Maybe I should just take a florida trip and save the exotic for a kidless drinking fest.  :p

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I hear Kansas is nice... :D

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"