Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby Fever

Our little lady is 9 1/2 months and I so have baby fever. I'm torn about TTC again, tho. It took us 2 1/2 years to conceive G and I'm 34, so we don't want to wait too long...but holy cow is dc expensive! Part of me really just wants to follow my heart and go for it. Anyone else thinking about another already?

Re: Baby Fever

• Yep. I'm 36 so my clock is ticking and thinking now or never if I want a 3rd. I have 2 boys and really want to try for a girl 1 more time. Just don't really want a 3rd so soon but I'm running out of time. It took over 3 years to have our 2nd. My little sister is prego with her 1st now so I'm loaning her my maternity stuff which is hard for me to part with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also torn. My little girl is almost 10 months but I got neck surgery last week so I have to wait a couple more months. If I were you, I would follow my heart. You don't know how long it's going to take. It will be very busy the first months or years but I think it's really worth it. I hope this can help you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Just giving a little advice..we just had our second (2 years apart), and in the past year we have bought a new home, went through fertility treatments (completely OP), ds had some medical issues that are costing an arm and a leg and let me tell you..I wish we really did a budget and looked at costs of daycares. We are currently at a home daycare and we want to send our older one to a big daycare with structured learning and let me tell you..it triples the cost of daycare to go to a larger one and I'm not talking bean tree. I'm talking run of the mill daycare. So for what it's worth if you really want another make sure you can afford both in daycare. Because there is nothing worse then fighting about money when a new one comes in the picture. We are trying to figure out how we can afford to get our son in daycare and if absolutely worse case we will have to sell our house which would be heart breaking. But considering it took you time to conceive like myself going through treatments I didn't want to wait. Good luck

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• It would be a real stretch for us to have a second one in DC, no doubt. We moved our daughter from an in-home to a pretty average center a couple months ago, so having two in DC would mean about $500/week. That's a lot of $$! I've been wanting to leave my job for some time, so am really trying to focus on finding something that's a better fit and more $$, then we will maybe really try. My heart says yes but my head knows you're right. Money fights suuuuuuck. Thanks you guys for the advice!
  • Yeah that def makes it tight. We pay 200 a week per kid at the home daycare but the daycare we want to send our kid to is about 365 a week. So 565 is just too much. 165 seems like nothing for most people but we just don't have that after bills so we are now looking at part time preschools that our home daycare picks up at. Good luck! Babies are worth it..but not at the cost of a marriage if you can't afford financially to begin with. I hear so many say money is never really perfect or timing. That's bs. If you don't have family around like we do you are Sh@t out of luck and every penny counts for when you need help etc. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"