Baby Names
Options

Grocery store clerk

So I'm at the checkout with a very pregnant girl as the cashier. The lady in front of me asks if she's chosen a name.
Cashier says "we wanted something unique that no one else has, we are going with Aiden"

>Insert GIF of girl raising an eyebrow<

I wanted to laugh, but I didn't. I open my big mouth and say " my friend is a pre-school teacher and has two Aidens, two Cayden/Caidens and one Jaiden (spelling?). I believe it's really quite popular actually. Pretty sure I burst her bubble. Oops.

The guy behind me says " if you really want to be unique, go with Michael or David. They would be the only ones in the class". Lol

11 years ago I was in love with the name Aiden, when I met my sister-in-law's 4 yr old nephew and had never heard the name before (it's no longer on my potential list). It's funny how names evolve into something so popular.

Re: Grocery store clerk

• Options
    I honestly can't stand the Aiden/Cayden/Jayden trend. It's ridiculously over-used.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister's fiancé has a daughter named Aiden.

I guess I just always assumed it was just a boy's name. It's weird to me that someone used it on a girl.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    @thejucheidea‌ that's so awful on a girl.
  • Options
    I am with pp. She must have been living in a bubble to not know the popularity of Aidan/Aiden and similar. Amongst my Facebook friends there is a youngster Aden, an Ayden, and a Jayden.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I honestly can't stand the Aiden/Cayden/Jayden trend. It's ridiculously over-used.

Don't forget Brayden...that's one of the trendiest in my area, ugh.

• Options
    Lol yeah that's pretty popular here too.
  • Options
    in my circle of friends, there are 2 aidens, a brayen, a caden, a caiden, and 2 jaydens. i'm so over it. 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    Lol. Not unique at all...
  • Options
    CML11 said:
    The guy behind me says " if you really want to be unique, go with Michael or David. They would be the only ones in the class". Lol
    So true, and what I always want to say when people say traditional names are boring.  Not anymore!  We almost named DS John, which is in the 20s these days and ranked lower than the name we chose in some states.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I have not heard Aidan in my area for a while. However, the variations run rampant. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a nephew aiden and one brayden too popular i think
  • Options
    That's so funny. Good for you! You saved her from realizing a few years down the road. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I have an Aidan, Aiden, Aydin(girl), Caden, and Caeden in my classes this year.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"