Success after IF
Options

DOR but get pregnant easily (loss mentioned!)--any luck for you?

edited October 2014 in Success after IF
Hi everyone!

First time for me posting on this board...and I've questioned whether to post, or what category to post in!!

****My loss*****

MMC blighted ovum 11/12, MC 11/13 maybe BO, MMC  8/14 tiny chromo normal boy made it 10 weeks/no HB at 12.

My details (and cannot my signature to save for the life of me!! anybody know why it is this way?) 39, DH 43, tested for "everything" through RE. All normal except DOR of <.16, FSH normal. Only 4 follicles were seen at the beginning of this year when I got tested. RE indicated last week that he did not think I would have any more or less of a chance getting a baby with or without IVF, as we seem to get pregnant very easily (which I don't think it a common category). He didn't seem to think pulling my eggs for IVF would necessarily have positive results. A DE was suggested, which with Dr. Google, is what they tell just about every lady with this issue. And there were many people who ended up having a baby with their OE. So... 2 questions:

1. Are/were you possibly in this scenario? If so, what did you choose to do? What worked (or didn't)?

2. What do you do to not obsess about creating the perfect environment to cook a little one? And do you do anything special you would recommend?

I can't help but wonder if every single thing I do/eat, etc. will produce a better environment (like there is a secret way that I can figure out to get the rainbow) while simultaneously knowing that if I get a positive or neg result from a further pregnancy, I will never know what set of factors played into it. An example, oh, I did acupuncture the last time and we got a little guy in there, does that mean I should do it again?

Thanks in advance everyone!!
*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga

Re: DOR but get pregnant easily (loss mentioned!)--any luck for you?

• Options
    @peregrinefalconx I also have a diagnose of DOR.  Unlike you, I was unable to get pregnant easily.  I got pregnant 3x through IVF with one live birth.  Info in my siggy.  I did do acupuncture with all of my IVF cycles. (currently cycling for the 6th time now).  If anything, it helped with the stress so I would continue that.  Personally, I would get another opinion.  After my 2nd loss my RE played the DE card.  I wasn't ready for that yet.  So I switched RE's.  First cycle with new RE was a BFN, but 2nd gave me my DD.  It never hurts to get a 2nd opinion.

Good luck!

Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• Options
    IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited October 2014
    My amh as of February 2013 was undetectable and 11 fsh. My afc was 4...So ultra low. Highest fsh was 13 with high E (so E was suppressing fsh) December 2011. I have been to or consulted 7 RE's. Several of them would not even consider ivf on me due to my afc being terrible.

My first was with clomid/iui. My second was with supplements only...basically natural. It sounded like bs, but there have been several women on the high fsh board get pregnant on the same supps I was on. I got pregnant after those abysmal stats above! I have not had recurrent mc but I did develop severe preeclampsia and my son had iugr with my first. So, basically, there were major issues with the placenta and how it implanted for my first. I am lucky with both were ultimately ok with the severe pree even though my son was tiny and early, had fetal distress, spent time in the nicu, etc.

Eta - to answer your 2nd question, I highly recommend a high dose of vitamin d (at least 2000 iu), ubiquinol coq10 at least 3 times a day, and baby aspirin. I was on some others but don't remember them all now.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also a DOR gal but we have sperm issues too so I will never get PG easily. I agree with investigating other diagnoses if you're getting pregnant frequently but miscarrying. That said, if it is truly DOR, I am on DHEA and coq10 for 3 months prior to cycling and our surprise bfp when we had sperm was on DHEA. I wouldn't start it without the knowledge of your re though. GL
  • Options
    kaf7 said:
    I am also a DOR gal but we have sperm issues too so I will never get PG easily. I agree with investigating other diagnoses if you're getting pregnant frequently but miscarrying. That said, if it is truly DOR, I am on DHEA and coq10 for 3 months prior to cycling and our surprise bfp when we had sperm was on DHEA. I wouldn't start it without the knowledge of your re though. GL
    I considered taking DHEA, but if your levels are fine, you're not supposed to take it. My RE said no. I have been taking CoQ10, but am not waiting the three cycles...if the BFP happens in the meantime, so be it! I was taking it the last time and a baby aspirin. The little guy was chromo normal and the other 2 MCs were blighted ovums, so maybe the CoQ10 was helpful. Thanks for your insight!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"