Breastfeeding
Options

Still spraying 8.5 months PP?

Is it normal to still spray occasionally at this point? Sometimes when I feel a little full, LO will unlatch and it'll just spray for a while. Sometimes when I pump and then try to hand express after i'll notice that it doesn't come out in drops, it'll spray. 

I don't have an over supply (I struggle to pump the 12 oz LO needs for daycare) and LO does seem to empty at least 1 breast at each feed. Also, his eating is somewhat erratic and I feed him on demand so the length in between feeds does change occasionally. But... i figured that i'd stop by this point. But then again, this is my first time nursing this long so I don't know. Is it normal or do I still have OALD?

TIA!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: Still spraying 8.5 months PP?

• Options
    I have a very forceful letdown and sprayed the entire time I nursed DD (12 mo). I saw no reason to be concerned. We are just the lucky people that have to wear pads for our whole nursing journey!
  • Options
    If DD unlatches shortly after let down, especially in the morning, she gets sprayed in the face poor girl lol. I've gotten used to keeping a hand close by to minimize the shot to her face

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo is almost 9 months and it still happens to me.... Same thing when ds1 was a baby.
        image  image

• Options
    Glad to knwo it's normal. Sadly that means i need to keep a towel on hand for a little while longer!
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
  • Options
    Same here...DS2 is 8.5 month and after a long night I often will spray him if he unlatches :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"