Pregnant after IF
Options

Nothing in the Vagina?!

My final RE appt was yesterday, everything looked great. When I left I called my OB to set up first appt for next week. The nurse ended the call with "Nothing in the vagina until we see you next week." I was never told this pregnancy or last to not have sex early on- am I missing something here? I mean, trust me, it's really the last thing I want to do now anyway, but I have just never heard that before...

My History:
Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.

Re: Nothing in the Vagina?!

• Options
    It caught me so off guard that I was just like "ok, bye". If anyone would say no sex, you think it would be the RE, and she didn't. I mean, I shove progesterone up there twice a day, so hopefully that doesn't count, lol...

My History:
    About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrs.willie 'per vagina' has me cracking up!!! Lol!

That is odd that the OB would say that. I would expect your RE to give those instructions if necessary.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    My OB openly admitted she'll use some different guidelines for those ladies coming from an RE to just be extra precautions, so it sounds like yours may do the same?

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    @kmc84 my OB was cracking up too when I mentioned the instructions to him.

MC Sept '10, MC Dec '10, DS born 2012

Clomid + TI = BFP #1 March '13, MC April '13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #1 = BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/31/13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #2 = BFP #3 1/16/14, ectopic w/ heartbeat & rt salpingectomy 1/29/14

IVF #1 - ER 5/9/14 transfer cx'd due to high P4

FET #1 -  6/26/14 transferred 1 AA blast BFP!! Beta #1 13dp5dt - 1548 Beta #2 15dp5dt - 2748 Beta #3 18dp5dt - 7586

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe it's just an infertility thing? IUI's & IVF? I don't know, I guess I will just refrain from shoving random objects up there until after the appt next week... lol

My History:

• Options
    It could be an IF thing - I know we were told no sex until after we were released to the OB (then again with the way I felt sex was out of the picture anyhow!)

Also - recently I had a bleeding/spotting scare (everything is fine) - when I called the OB's office over the weekend when this occurred and spoke to the nurse, she gave me all these instructions - what to be on the lookout for, when I should call back/go to ER or when to just not worry, etc.  She also told me not to put anything in my vagina...obviously if I am bleeding I am not going to have sex - esp since we were at my parents house! But I also thought it was funny.  I mentioned it to my husband and he actually said - well maybe they say that so people don't use a tampon or something... pretty insightful for a guy who gets squeamish at the topic of blood, etc.  

***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My RE recommended for the first 7 weeks nothing in the V until the gestational sac is fully formed.  Not sure why a nurse would say this so nonchalantly in passing.  If it's bothering you, call back and ask the RE why.  Always better to be safe than sorry.

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

• Options
    It's not really bothering me, more funny than anything how she ended the conversation with it... And it was the OB office, not the RE @happygirl1013

My History:

• Options
    I was told no sex until first tri...  I have been on pelvic rest the whole time now... it stinks! 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"