TTC after 35

GTKY Travel Edition

I don't think we've done this question lately? I thought of it since a lot of us mentioned travel as something we splurge on!

What is your favorite trip you've taken so far? What is on your list of destinations to see someday?

Re: GTKY Travel Edition

• Loading the player...
  • Ah Spain and Italy!!! Italy was almost our honeymoon spot but we went with Hawaii instead.
  • Oh definitely our Alaskan cruise (7day) and wildlife (3day) land tour. It was also where we got engaged!
  • I took a 3 week European tour at the end of high school and that was fantastic.  The Grand Caymans are very nice, too.  

I would love to see Japan and maybe Hong Kong.  I think an extended tour of the British Isles would be great, too.  And while it's not a foreign destination, I would love to do Wine Country (Napa).

H and I have no desire to do Australia.  We've decided there are too many creatures that can kill you there :)
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • My H has been to Hawaii for his best friend's wedding.  We talked about going there this year but decided on Puerto Rico instead (cheaper and quicker to get to).

WIne country is on our list, too.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• My favorite was probably our honeymoon in Slovenia, by way of Italy.

I don't know if they count as trips, but I spent a couple of the semesters in the UK, exploring all sorts of different places there, and loved it.  I would love to go back.

Pretty much everywhere is on my list!  I want to at least make it to each continent (besides Antarctica) before I die.

Domestically...I've never been to New York.  It's actually not the US destination I find most intriguing, but I feel a person should experience it at some point.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• I love Costa Rica, have been four? times and it's my favorite place. Have never been with DH, so that's on the list.
    I also love Spain and Italy but went as a kid...want to go back and drink wine and other grow up things, ha!
    We got engaged in Hawaii and honeymooned in St. John, if I could only go one place the rest of my life, it might be St. John.
    (I love Puerto Rico too!)
    On the list...anywhere tropical. Anywhere at all really, I love to travel!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • @wannabmama23 I went to Costa Rica with my sister and loved it as well.  I also want to go back with DH!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Everyone has been so many cool places, I'm jealous!

In January of this year we did our honeymoon on our 1st year anniversary in Costa Rica.

I was sooooo excited to do zip lining, tubing, and all that fun stuff. The first morning there we did our ATV extreme adventure and MH flipped the ATV. I was pretty banged up and got a separated shoulder (the gift that keeps giving everyday lol) and he pulled his groin so bad he couldn't walk. We didn't get to do any other excursions we had planned but we did get to go to town and see the emergency clinic! Lol

Depending how things work out we want to go to Ireland. (well, I want to go everywhere but that would be the first trip)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I totally forgot to answer the QOTW in the check in so I'll go here since traveling is what we like to splurge on.

I've been to Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Bevaria when my parents lived in Germany.  On my own I went to London for a week and loved it.  If I could live in another country, I think that would be tops on my list.

Together DH and I have been to Hawaii and Italy.  Italy was my favorite.  It was our honeymoon and we did a 2 week tour and we saw just about all of the country, sampled drank lots of wine, ate tons of pasta, and never worried about transportation.

I would love to see Spain, Australia, Scotland/Ireland, France, and go back to Germany.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• wannabmama23wannabmama23 member
    edited October 2014
    @Nikolie93‌ that stinks!! I'm sorry Costa Rica wasn't perfect for you (@tmaggie0424, you either!). I will say too the last time I went (more than 10 years ago), it was different than when I first went (ack...20 years ago) and I almost worry it's changed even more now...

Eta: words
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • @wannabmama23‌ I shall return there for my zip lining one day!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• This is totally making me want to start planning a trip!!! We usually do a cruise in early december each year but haven't the last two years due to our destination wedding and then delayed honeymoon/anniversary trip. I need to start planning! lol
  • Wow all these great places.  My travels have been rather boring and I have never been out of the Continental US.  Majority of my travels was from VA to FL in the summer time to spend the summers with my grandmother.  One of my favorite trips was also as a kid to a Lake House in Indiana.  So many great memories from that trip.  My SO is even worse.  He has only been out of the state twice.  And just recently moved with me for the the first time out of the city he was born and raised.  We are hoping to take a trip to PR some time.  I can not take my kids out of the states and would need to travel somewhere were a passport is not required. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• One of the things that we talk about doing is going to Europe for an extended period of time and just riding the train around to all the various countries! I went to London junior year of high school but I'd love to get back and experience the city as an adult. So maybe pop over to London than fly to Paris and train it around after that? Since we are looking at houses right now and TTC I'm guessing that will be a milestone trip a long time down the road.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"