Success after IF

CBFM and MFI

Hi y'all,
It's been a hot minute since I've been on the boards…. to the tune of 2+ years actually. Not even sure if anyone will remember me but I'll do a quick catch up. PCOS+MFI+3IVF= twins+bedrest+Premies at 30weeks which also = perfect 2 and half year old girls, Ella and Hailey.

I've caught the baby fever again and tylenol isn't fixing it. I just can't wrap my head around IVf again just yet. We've talked adoption as well but need to be more financially set for both of those.

I have gotten a regular period for the last 4 months…. for maybe the 1st time in my life. So i thought we could dust the cobwebs off the ol CBFM. However, my husbands count is historically low. It's been over a year since he had a SA but it was no better, no worse then then when we had the girls.

Commence cutting to the chase.
Any success with the CBFM and MFI, specifically count and morphology?? Just one sperm, i just need one dang gone sperm!! My bank account would greatly appreciate it. 

Hope all has been well for the last 2 years. I see some familiar faces and so happy to be in the "success" bracket!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CBFM and MFI

• No advice..just welcome back :) Adorable pictures!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• We had success on our own with PCOS and MFI but DH has low morph (1-2%) and low motility (30ish%). His count was normal. GL. My RE said if we had well timed sex every month then we would probably get pregnant within 5yrs.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would figure why not give it a shot.  Also, would your husband be open to taking some vitamins which may help his count/morph/motility?

My husband had 0% morph and borderline count and motility and we have had four pregnancies as a result of us having sex vs IVF, IUI and a FET.  I used the CBEFM as well as charted my temps.

Like you said, it only takes one.  Good luck!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• he totally would! any suggestions? 
    itsmevkb said:
    I would figure why not give it a shot.  Also, would your husband be open to taking some vitamins which may help his count/morph/motility?

My husband had 0% morph and borderline count and motility and we have had four pregnancies as a result of us having sex vs IVF, IUI and a FET.  I used the CBEFM as well as charted my temps.

Like you said, it only takes one.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @krismott25 I've taken the Fertilaid for women made by Fairhaven Health but I can't remember the brand my  husband took.  It was recommended to us by his urologist and I remember it being expensive (although cheap when compared to IUIs and IVF.)  There is a Fertilaid for men and I know GNC makes a supplement for male fertility as well.  I think so long as you get something with vitamin c, b vitamins, and zinc it's probably okay.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• My RE recommended a men's multivitamin plus Coq10 plus the B, C and Zinc.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"