Babies: 0 - 3 Months

TDAP Vaccine and Flu shot

Hi all... I'm a first time mom (27 1/2 weeks pregnant) and I'm wondering if anyone has gotten the TDAP and flu shot vaccines while pregnant. I asked my OB nurse about it and she really wasn't able to give me an answer, she mostly just wanted to know why I wanted it (very weird) and told me I would have to get it from my primary.

Does anyone have a little more info on this? Any information would be great, thanks.

Re: TDAP Vaccine and Flu shot

• It's pretty standard to get both the TDAP and flue vaccine while pregnant, so I'm really surprised that your OB nurse didn't give you a clear answer. My OB prescribed the TDAP for me, but they dont actually give them at their office so I got mine at Walgreens.
  • Thank you @kyliefish, this is very helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely get both. That's odd that your OB nurse didn't seem to know. I was given TDAP at my OB office and the flu shot at Walgreens, only because my OB was out of the flu shot. They were adamant about me getting both.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got both.  I got the flu shot at CVS and the tdap in the office.

Usually they want you to get the tdap during every pregnancy.   My office gives it around early third trimester.  It helps you pass some immunity to the baby so that they're more protected from whooping cough.  Maybe talk to the actual OB instead of the nurse.  I think her reaction was strange.  Hopefully the OB is more informed.

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• It's standard procedure at my OB's office to give the TDAP at 28 weeks (or anytime during early 3rd tri) as some of that immunity will pass on to LO. I think they also give all pg women the flu shot too. I wasn't pg during flu season so I got one after I delivered.

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • I got my flu shot at 7w (in January) and my Tdap at 32w...got birth at Walgreens. My OB said ok to get Tdap either during pregnancy or at/after delivery.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"