September 2014 Moms
Options

scheduling feedings for work

I'm going back November 17th and I'm still going to be breastfeeding of course. I am very fortunate in that I will be able to go home for lunch to feed the baby. My question is this: how do I get her acclimated to my break schedule?

I will need to feed her before I leave, obviously, and at lunch. I have to leave for work by 6:40 am at the latest, and unless they change it, my lunch is still at 11:45. I will only have about thirty minutes to feed the both of us before I go back to work for the afternoon. (I get an hour lunch, but that's how it is with travel time) Do I just start feeding her now at the times that I need her to eat, or what? I wasn't working with my first baby so I have no idea.

Re: scheduling feedings for work

• Options
    My DD will never turn down the boob!! Haha if I were you I would first try to feed at 6am every morning. Once you go to work the 11:45 should work out. LO will get a bottle around 9, then be hungry again around noon.... In theory.
  • Options
    rlyttle said:

My DD will never turn down the boob!! Haha if I were you I would first try to feed at 6am every morning. Once you go to work the 11:45 should work out. LO will get a bottle around 9, then be hungry again around noon.... In theory.

Hopefully. It will all depend on her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe also come up with Plan B in case she's hungry early. With DD1, she mostly wanted to eat around 5, so I'd pick her up and feed her right away. Some days though, she'd want to eat earlier - if it was close, I'd have them wait, but if it was earlier, they'd give her an extra bottle and I'd have to pump as soon as I got home. It sucked that she'd be full and I had to pump, but I didn't want her hungry either.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"