March 2015 Moms
Options

NBR: Dog Bed

I had to put my beloved beagle to sleep last week. Our lab is sad and misses her. They were buddies. So in an attempt to spoil him a bit we were going to get him a new dog bed. I don't know why we think this will make him happy, but we feel like we should do something.

Any pet bed recommendations? Anything I should consider? Any of you have a dog that just loves their bed?

Re: NBR: Dog Bed

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    My mom gets her labs these awesome huge beds from Costco that they absolutely love.

I'm so sorry to hear about your beagle! :(

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to put your dog down. They make really nice memory foam dog beds but they're kind of expensive. My dogs have Kong brand beds from Petsmart that are really nice. They are also very durable and the cover is machine washable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry about your beagle :( Our dog loves his bed from Drs Foster and Smith, and it has held up well to his terrorizing it. Also has a machine washable slipcover, which is nice.
  • Options
    What a sweet idea. I love my Molly Mutt Duvet cover. I've got it stuffed with old pillows now, but have used comforters in the past. It's easy to unstuff to wash it!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your beagle.  :-(  I have a bed like this for my dog and she loves it: https://www.petsmart.com//WFS/PETUS/en_US/-/USD/-zid36-5967/cat-0-catid-0?green=54312040-ADD3-5213-97BC-1D9B4C1C45C2.  I set it on top of another foam pad to give her even more support since she has a gimpy leg.

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your pup.

I got my dog's bed from LL Bean. It is the premium fleece bed and has held up great over the years. The cover is easy to remove and wash. I liked it so much I ordered a second one for a different room in the house.

• Options
    Sorry about your pup.  We have a generic dog bed from Target, but our dog switches between that and the couches because he is a brat.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about your pup. My dogs love the Costco beds and they smell so good.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your dog. I have one of the huge beds from Costco that my pugs share and they love it. 
    <BabyFruit Ticker
    >image
    Halloween Costume Fail... or Win, I can't decide. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the ideas ladies! I will check them out. Mollie was a sweet dog and I'm thankful she was mine.
  • Options
    So sorry about your beagle. :( Prior to moving, we had an awesome Kong bed. Durable and the dogs loved them. Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your pup. We had to put our dog to sleep this summer. It was very sad.

We had this cool "cozy cave bed" for her. She lived it. She always liked to burrow under blankets and things, so when we saw this we had to get it for her

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+1+20938&pcatid=20938
  • Options
    Sorry about your pup! That's so sad.

No suggestions on a bed tho- ours sleep in our bed with us.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! The loss of a dog is so hard.

LL Bean has really nice dog beds. They have a few different sizes and most of the covers can be removed to wash them.
  • Options
    Losing a furry buddy is the worst :(. I have lost a few over the years and it's never easy. I am really sorry.

With the beds, it kinda depends on how old your dog is. If it's an older lab (like ours) the softer cushy beds are actually not so great for their joints. We got an orthopedic stiffer bed with a removable washable cover (available at petco/pet smart).
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my dog earlier this year and it was so incredibly hard.  I'm sure your lab does miss his friend and he is probably picking up on your sadness too.  Buying him a bed would probably be really comforting for him and if it makes you feel better that will help him too (if that makes sense).  
    We had a really nice bed from llbean for our lab when it got difficult for her to get on the bed.  It was huge but our lab loved to stretch out and the ridge around the bed was really nice for her head.  It was so big and comfy that sometimes I would lay on it when she was sick to comfort her.  
    However, I bought that with a gift certificate, so its kind of pricey and maybe other people's suggestions are better. 

• Options

I am so sorry about your beagle.

My mom ordered a dog bed from L.L. Bean which she was happy with!

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When we had to put down our one dog, our other got very depressed. She wouldn't eat, we had to buy all new dog bowls in order for her to eat. It's so hard to loose a family pet.
  • Options
    So sorry about your beagle :(

My dog loves this bed:
    Coolaroo Large Steel-Framed Pet Bed
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P7JKD6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ixyuub031CZA2

I don't think it absorbs doggy smell or gets as covered in hair as other beds - vacuuming under it is way easier than trying to vacuum or clean off the traditional dog beds we've had
  • Options
    I have no suggestions, none of our dogs ever took to dog beds. But I wanted to say im sorry you had to put down your pup <3
  • Options
    Huggs about your dog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"