March 2015 Moms

Itching

Has anyone ever had a problem with itching while pregnant? For the last 2 weeks my stomach and area on my leg beside vagina has been itching. I'll put lotion on it and it'll stop for a little bit then start again. I go to doctor next week so I'll ask him about it but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what you did to help it. Thanks ladies.

Re: Itching

• Well they're growing and the skin is stretching, so pretty common to be itchy! For me it is my calves. My legs are getting really big. I've been using both a mix of lotion and hydrocortisone cream to help hold off the itch. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you. My H gets annoyed with it, yeah like I can help it. I guess I'll just keep putting lotion on myself to help. It's just annoying scratching myself all the time lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I'm always scratching myself. I'm gonna talk to doc next Friday at the appt and see if he has anything that could help. This is my 3rd pregnancy and this one is def a lot different than my other two. Hope it's nothing serious and some cream can help it. Thank you :)
  • I get a lot of itches. Some of it seems dry skin related, some doesn't. Sometimes my feet get super itchy, and it doesn't seem like dryness. It's more like an insuppressible itch from deep inside. I asked my doctor about it with my last pregnancy, and she didn't really have any answers for me, but seemed unconcerned.
  • Itchy skin is just part of pregnancy. I personally get itchy boobs and belly. Lotioning like crazy has been my only relief.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My boobs have been so itchy! I have a bunch of lotions but don't know what to try, maybe I'll try Aveeno. I think it's just from them stretching, my last pregnancy they got slightly bigger in the very beggining then this time I feel like they just keep growing. Fun times!
  • Drink lots of water, slather on the lotion, and don't take long hot showers. That's all I've found that helps my itchy skin. Reducing my shower time really made a difference. The hot water just dried out my skin. Good luck and hope you can stop scratching soon!
  • I've been itchy all over my back and belly. I've been using Shea butter and coconut oil every few hours, then at night a really thick salve called moms stuff it keeps the itching away all night but smells like pine sap, so I usually don't use it during the day.
    https://momsstuffsalve.com/wordpress/
  • I feel like I'm talking to your stomach because of your avatar...

Regardless, I would pick up the thickest, heaviest lotion you can find, because maybe it will sit on the surface and feel good instead of disappearing into your skin. My hands have been way more dry this year and I wash my hands so often. At least your lotion won't get washed away 20 mins later!
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Thanks ladies. I appreciate it. :)
  • I try to up my water intake and it has helped a lot with the itching along with heavy lotion use!
  • Lotions didnt work for me, I have been using grape seed oil and it really absorbs into the skin well. It doesn't leave you feeling nasty either like other oils.
  • I feel like this thread is making me feel itchy.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yep my boobs and stomach are super itchy. I second the Aveeno lotion. I tried cocoa butter and had a weird reaction rash and stopped. Keeping hydrated and the Aveeno lotion all day really helped me. Hope you find something that helps soon!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try coconut oil instead of lotion! Worked wonders for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• I am itchy all over. Have been from almost day one. Coconut oil, Palmers butter, bath and body are the three I use. Can't. Stop. Itching. Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"