December 2014 Moms
Options

Ebola question

RayRay007RayRay007 member
edited October 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I don't know much about Ebola as it isn't really a threat where I'm from. But BIL and his gf live in Dakar, Senegal. They will be coming home for Christmas, and straight to our city (often they visit her family first), so no chance to see if they develop symptoms before they will be visitng with us and our newborns.
Wtf do I do? I am not usually like this about flu etc but I'm freaking out about Ebola. I went to my doctor today and they had a huge do not enter sign if you've been or have been in contact with someone who's been in west Africa and are exhibiting fever etc. Are you only contagious if you have symptoms? I haven't talked to BIL yet about their risk/exposure or any plans they have and I know that's a starting point. Any other advice?

Eta fat thumbs

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ebola question

• Options
    You might not have to do anything. Who knows what restrictions will be in place come Christmas time....

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After I posted this I went on the PHAC website and found more info and that there was only one case and that they've been declared Ebola free (as pp have said). I will talk to them about their exposure and remind everyone about good hygiene and remind them to keep a close eye on symptoms.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would hope they would be self monitoring for signs of fever. If they aren't running a temperature, they shouldn't be contagious. Honestly though, even with all of the info in the world, I doubt it would ease your fears if you personally believe they would put you at risk...at which point my advice would be not to go then and use baby as an excuse. But really, no fever means you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"