April 2014 Moms

Introducing Dairy

Is there a timeline on this? I bought some of the whole milk yobaby yogurt that I'd like to give her, but now I'm not sure if there is a reason to hold off on dairy? It's not listed as as 6-9 food in my baby book for some reason.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
EDD 4/7/18
MC 5/20/17 @8 wks

Re: Introducing Dairy

• I asked my pedi at her 6 month check up about yogurt and he said to go ahead and start if we want, but to introduce it like we would any other food and to look out for allergies. Go for it!
  • I'm lactose intolerant, so I only have plain lactose free at home. Do you think it will be ok?
  • Loading the player...
  • My pediatrician said it's fine, but that since they get so much of those nutrients from formula or breast milk that it might be more important valences diet wise to focus on introducing a wide variety of veggies and fruits early on.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've "shared" Greek yogurt with him a couple of times and it's been fine; he got about 3 or 4 baby-sized spoonfuls. He loved it!
  • We just started right in with dairy, no waiting. But we are doing BLWing so besides honey, everything else is pretty much free game.

• We started full fat Greek yogurt at 6 mos. LO is dropping weight %iles and there are a ton of good calories in there. He looooves it, mixed with a little fruit purée.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I introduced some 2% (couldn't find full fat) greek yogurt at around 6 months. Our ped said anything except honey is game as long as we wait a few days before introducing new foods.
    ~Chrissy 

• Semi related: I've never understood what baby yogurt is... I mean, all yogurt is smooth textured. Is there any difference at all other than marketing?

• We're doing BLW, so at this point, the only dairy DD is not getting is milk (unless it is cooked in something), since she will be only drinking BM until she is a year old.  Cheese, yogurt and butter are fair game.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• On the full-fat thing, a lot of low/non-fat items have extra sugar or artificial flavor to make up for the fact that things taste like shit with the fat removed.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • The more I pump, the less appealing dairy seems. Anyone else? Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"