November 2014 Moms

Thank you card timing poll

caraferncarafern member
edited October 2014 in November 2014 Moms
I feel like such a procrastinator, its been less than two weeks since my shower but I've been putting it off. How long did it take you to mail your baby shower thank you cards?
TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!

Thank you card timing poll 105 votes

one week or less
19% 20 votes
two weeks
29% 31 votes
three weeks
15% 16 votes
four weeks
25% 27 votes
SS
9% 10 votes

Re: Thank you card timing poll

• I voted one week or less because that's what I did for like 95% of my thank yous. I had a few hang ups on getting addresses for a few people so those took longer.

But I was really on top of the game because I knew if I procrastinated I would forget.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm taking forever. Some were done super quick, the rest I'm doing this week. I suck at these things. So i voted four weeks. Not exactly Miss Manners over here, but I had to get on maternity leave to have the time and energy to comelete them all. It didn't help that we have had three showers. We are incredibly grateful, though. I definitely don't want to make the impression that we don't appreciate our gifts. Gotta get busy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • The 1st shower I got them out two days after. The 2nd and 3rd will be 5 and 2 weeks respectively. This is amazing compared to the catastrophe that was our wedding thank yous. I'm shocked some people even got us shower gifts.
  • For my work shower I got them out within a week. For my friends/family shower I'm currently pushing 4 weeks and I'm about halfway done. I hope to finish them tomorrow. I'm home on bedrest now so I have no excuse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm kind of a freak, so take this with a grain of salt ;) but all of my thank yous (from showers and as gifts have rolled in) were sent out within a week. I didn't want to worry about forgetting anyone or anything, and it just made me feel better to stay on top if it.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• I got mine out within a week of my shower, but only because I knew I would procrastinate and take forever to get them done otherwise. I worked on them every lunch break at work and every evening until they were done.

Don't feel badly. Two weeks isn't bad! Etiquette wise I think within a month is pretty acceptable.
  • I'm a huge procrastinator. Finally got some of my cards sent out and I still have a few more to write. I feel really bad for not sending them out earlier. :(
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• I got both showers down quickly but mailing them out was a bigger issued.  Pregnancy brain makes it hard to remember to get stamps and then actually mail them out.

However, I have two people who gave me gifts post shower and I've been aweful about actually writing those thank you cards.
  • Well, I feel a little better. Just making the poll motivated me to start writing them. For DHs work shower, I wrote them right away…probably because they were gifts from people I don't know well haha. Maybe I take my actual friends and family for granted more? I don't have that many to write, so I have no excuse...
    TTC 3/2012; IUI 2/26/14; EDD 11/23/14; DD born 11/21/14!!!
  • My shower was on the 18th. I have 5 written so far....I really need to get on the ball. Between work, trying to get our house in order, and the over abundance of birthdays and Halloween, I am failing pretty hard. :(

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"