July 2013 Moms

CPW: Changing table shenanigans

edited October 2014 in July 2013 Moms
So where do you change your LO? Mine is getting slightly too wriggly for me to still change her on the changing table. But she's even worse on the bed/floor! What is your changing strategy?
The original: Aug2013
The remix: Feb2017
The encore: coming Oct2019

CPW: Changing table shenanigans 72 votes

Pfff...LO's been potty trained for a month now.
8% 6 votes
Changing table
91% 66 votes

Re: CPW: Changing table shenanigans

• Aaaaargh! Too soon, Bump!

Anyway.

More options :)

Floor? Bed? Restraint system?
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• downstairs we have a changing table on the PNP, so I'm still putting him on that until he reaches 25 lbs (little man is not even 21 lbs yet!).  Then we'll be on the floor (but in his room, still on a changing table).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Changing pad which is on the floor
  • Changing table. I make it a game for myself to beat my record in how fast I can change her diaper and clothes.
  • Usually just on the floor in the living room. This morning I changed him on the couch. 
  • Changing table.  It's quite the battle these days.  
  • econmama said:
    Downstairs: floor Upstairs: changing pad on dresser

Same.
  • Changing table but distract her with a book so I can change her as fast as I can!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• We haven't used the changing table since 7 months. We use the floor. I miss the changing table though.
  • Changing table.
  • rondokyerondokye member
    edited October 2014
    Changing pad on a dresser. Her new game this week is to yell, "gick, gick!," while swinging her legs at me. Not sure where she learned that. Not amused. She kicks hard!
  • floor, couch, bed, etc. Not the changing table. We had a pad on a dresser and that's been taken off for about two months. We just change him wherever we are. Usually the floor.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Changing table or floor
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I put something interesting in each hand before changings and she's usually still enough for the changing pad. I have one in the office downstairs and one in the nursery. It's so much easier on my back (so old!) that way :P 

If she's extra squirmy, I'll just change her on the floor in the nursery, which is maybe 1 out of 10 changes. 

I cut some one inch strips of card stock and put a bunch of them by the changer in the office and she's usually pretty interested in trying to rip them. Small books, toys, yogurt cups, ointment tubes, and extra diapers are all part of our usual distraction methods.
  • Floor or couch here. Or lap. Or anywhere I can restrain him Lol
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Changing table that is in the aundry room. We went through The fighting phase between 8-10 mo But are pretty good now
  • Change table. Ditto to the fighting at 8-10 months. Much better now
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Changing table.

My mom changes her on the floor when she watches Allison at her house. Allison is way to wiggly for the floor with me.

• biggunsbo said:

Changing table every time

Yup. Every single time. (At home at least)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"