Cloth Diapering
Options

day care question

My day care provider is willing to use cloth, but I don't want to make extra work for her, she doesn't have a sprayer, and I don't think she would just put dirty ones in a wet bag for me to deal with later- I think she'd find some kind of difficult way to rinse them out, which is more work than she needs. (It's a home day care, and she's a saint.) Has anyone had any luck with using flushable liners? Can you really just lift them out, poop and all, and flush or toss? (He's a toddler, so it's not runny nb poo.)

Thank you!

Re: day care question

• Options
    Flushable liners can cause issues with sewer systems.

I'd avoid them for this fact.

Have her wetbag them.  If they are plopable have her drop them in the toilet.

My daycare does this because they have a changing table right in the bathroom.
  • Options
    If she is licensed there are likely rules she has to follow about this sort of thing. In our state everything just goes in a wet bag and we deal with it at home. They aren't even allowed to toss the ploppable ones here....

If not, just tell her not to worry about it and toss them in the bag. If she insists on cleaning them, get her a sprayer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use flushable liners on occasion, like when traveling.  I've never had trouble with them.  They aren't 100% great, but they work just fine for us.  FWIW we use the bummi's brand.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I watch another LO in our home and here's what her parents did.  They sent one wet bag and a plastic grocery bag, the wet diapers went into the wet bag and the poopy diapers went into the grocery bag which I knotted and threw in with the wet diapers.  The father asked me if I wanted to use the flushable liners and I said 'no'.  I tried them a few times when traveling with DD and they never seemed to work very well for us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"