June 2015 Moms
Options

Any RH negative mamas?

I am SO not looking forward to those terrible Rhogam shots again!   Does anyone remember how many we get throughout the pregnancy?  Was it 3?

Re: Any RH negative mamas?

• Options
    You only get one shot at 28weeks... I'm also RH-
  • Options
    Oh that's good news!  I must have confused the others with the shot given after a M/C.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am RH negative too but this is my first pregnancy. Do we just have to get shots and that's it?
  • Options

Oh that's good news!  I must have confused the others with the shot given after a M/C.

Yeah, I had to get that as well
  • Options
    Yep - it's just a shot we get.  If for some horrible reason an rh negative mama has a m/c we also need to get one for that as well.  Be prepared to "bend over"  :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    One at 28 weeks and another after delivery if the baby had a different blood type. I am the only RH-in my family so everyone was over reacting thinking it was monthly, but only two times unless there is bleeding or testing during pregnancy.
  • Options
    Oh great!!! I no in retrospect I should be more concerned about the birth but I hate shots! :(
  • Options

One at 28 weeks and another after delivery if the baby had a different blood type. I am the only RH-in my family so everyone was over reacting thinking it was monthly, but only two times unless there is bleeding or testing during pregnancy.

Oh yeah, totally for got about the one after
  • Options
    I had one at 28weeks and one right after delivery because DS is + .. I also MCd in May and had to get one then too (adding insult to injury :( )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Normally it's one at 28 weeks and one after delivery, unless there's is bleeding in between. I was spotting last week and had to get one. It wasn't as bad as I remembered! I hate shots!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I could have sworn someone gave me a shot in my post-labor haze.   That one I barely even knew happened - all the adrenaline from the birth :)

• Options
    I just got the two last with my last pregnancy. The most annoying part about it was that I had to pick it up at the hospital pharmacy and then bring it to my appointment.
    I forgot to ask my OB about needing one if I had any spotting/bleeding when I was there last week. Is it any amount of spotting that you need one?
  • Options
    I had one with my m/c, I don't remember it being that bad though... although I think my emotional pain was overshadowing everything at that point.  My parents are both A- so my mom got lucky!
    BFP#1: 9/21/13  EDD: 5/31/14 m/mc @ 7w6d on 10/27/13
    BFP#2: 10/4/14  EDD: 6/7/15  DD born 6/4/15💕
    BFP#3: 12/24/19 EDD: 9/6/20
  • Options
    I am RH- and had one shot at 28-30 weeks and then my DD1 had an A- blood type, so that was it, but my second DD was A+ and so I needed another shot after the birth as well.
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Options
    I got a shot in the butt/hip this morning due to bleeding today. She said I'll get another at 28 weeks (God willing we make it) and then depending on babies blood type again at delivery.
  • Options
    I got a shot in the butt/hip this morning due to bleeding today. She said I'll get another at 28 weeks (God willing we make it) and then depending on babies blood type again at delivery.
    Fingers crossed for you! 
  • Options
    You get one at 28 weeks and another after birth if your child is RH+.  If you have bleeding during your pregnancy, you will get another.  

I have had a total of 4 Rhogram shots: one with my miscarriage and three with DS.  Thankfully, they've never bothered me.  I had more of a reaction to the DTAP.
  • Options
    I'm lucky in that DH is also negative, so I just had to provide evidence of his blood type to my doctor and was able to opt out. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    Yeah basically. Its to prevent a issue during labor. I hade 2 cause i had some serious bleeding at the beginning of my 1st pregnancy. Its not a big deal. The glucose test however i did not like
  • Options
    Oh yes, I only got 1 at 28 weeks though.
  • Options
    I was in the hospital this past weekend due to bleeding and had to have one. The nurse told me if I have a bleeding issue again I will have to get another one. If not then I will get it at 28 weeks and after delivery.
  • Options
    I was in the hospital this past weekend due to bleeding and had to have one. The nurse told me if I have a bleeding issue again I will have to get another one. If not then I will get it at 28 weeks and after delivery.
  • Options
    I am A- and FTM. What is the deal with this shot? Is it in your butt? Any worse than cortisone shot in the butt? Some of yall and my home crowd are worrying me. :-?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married:  02/24/11  Our First Born:  06/09/15  Second Due: 01/17/17
  • Options
    b4ebeth said:

I am A- and FTM. What is the deal with this shot? Is it in your butt? Any worse than cortisone shot in the butt? Some of yall and my home crowd are worrying me. :-?

It's a tiny injection, usually in the hip/upper button region, but they can also give it in the arm (my sister got both of hers in her arm- I got both in the hip/butt). Like PP have mentioned, it's really not that bad. Personally, I find the numerous blood draws to be way more uncomfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me. I'm O-. One shot at 28 weeks, and one shot after birth if baby is RH+ (My DS was A+, so I had the second shot). DH is rh+ So it's likely I'll get 2 shots this time too.

My DS also had ABO incompatibility, and even tho DH is not DS's bio father, this baby will likely have it as well since DH is B+. *Sigh* I'm destined to have bright orange babies who have to spend some time in the tanning bed :-/
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just an extra shot or two then...thanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married:  02/24/11  Our First Born:  06/09/15  Second Due: 01/17/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"