November 2014 Moms

Super foods in last 2-3weeks

I've been told by relatives and friends that having some foods help dilate easily. These include:
Dates, figs, ginger tea, pineapple, fish etc. basically foods that increase metabolism naturally.. Warm in nature.
one of the fellows second it with her birth story and said she was 5-6cm dilated at home with her 2 pregnancies without any significant pain and contractions when she visited hospital for routine checkup at 39weeks. 3-4hrs of labor and she was holding her baby in arms.

Any thoughts and experiences?
I'm a First time mom and have no clue what will help n what not. Read the primrose oil thread lately.

Re: Super foods in last 2-3weeks

• It can't hurt...  I have definitely heard of eating dates in the last few weeks.  
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• What's the theory behind this? Fast metabolism=easy dilation? I haven't heard of this yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A number of articles are available online that says pineapple help ripen cervix due to certain enzymes in it.

This is what I asked in the first place; is there any reality to these myths or not in your previous experiences :)
    Just read the 5cm dilated thread, a number of redpondants there said they were 4-7cm dilated with absolutely no pain and sign of active labor. May be something helped or it' just happened naturally with them?

Good luck everyone. Keep smiling
  • Sounds made up.

But I ate pinapple core when I was prepping for IVF, so who am I to judge? :-)

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • i love figs and fish and this post makes me hungry for mediterranean food. 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Ditto on the dates, I did read a study about that. I've also heard pineapple and raspberry leaf tea, although the tea is more for contractions and labor than dilation I think.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• My friend was just telling me how she tried all of these things - as well as sex - and none worked. She was induced 10 days after her due date.
  • Well, I've been drinking some nasty red raspberry leaf/nettles tea that I brewed up! I drink about 8 strong cups a day. Hope it does something for me.

• Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!

image      image

• Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!

Recipe! Recipe! I've never heard of the date thing but I'm ready to get my oxytocin ON.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JFH2010 said:
    Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!
    Recipe! Recipe! I've never heard of the date thing but I'm ready to get my oxytocin ON.
    I made THIS ONE! It also reheats very well.

image      image

• It doesn't hurt to try, but the amounts of these foods you would have to eat to actually get them to work are huge. I did eat some.pineapple when I was over due with dd though. It doesn't hurt to try :)
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"