2nd Trimester
Options

How to greet everyone at my Baby Shower

Hey there!

My baby shower is on Saturday. I know at my bridal shower I had a hard time greeting everyone because someone would get to talking to me and I felt rude trying to walk away from them. Do you have any tips for making the greetings short and sweet so that I can make sure I talk to everyone? Thanks!! :)

Re: How to greet everyone at my Baby Shower

• Options
    You don't have to greet everyone as they come in. Make time to visit a bit with everyone who comes and thank them for coming. None of your guests expect you to be standing by the door when they walk in, you aren't the host. You also don't have to worry about spending the same amount of time with every person - just talk to everyone as you see them just like you would at any other family gathering.

It is a huge shower? Most I have been to only have about 20-30 guests and getting time with everyone isn't hard. Once I went to a shower that had 65+ guests and it was so hectic. The mtb couldn't possibly spend time with everyone, and I think I barely got to say hi/bye. But I wasn't upset or anything, I realized she was busy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have about 45 RSVP, so I am in the middle somewhere! I'm sure people would understand if I didn't make it over to them by the end. I am just worried someone will come up talking and keep talking and talking and I will really want to move on so I'm not just talking to one person there. I know once it gets started there isn't much time for chat anyway individually. I was just wondering about before it starts if there were any tips on how to break away. Like nice talking to you, but you're being a mtb hog! lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FemShepFemShep member
    edited October 2014
    You should make it a point to say hi and thank you to everyone, no matter what.  (And of course, you should still send a thank you note as well.)

If you're speaking with someone who will not stop, simply say (when they take a breath), "Oh, there's Sue!  I haven't had a chance to say hi yet.  Would you please excuse me?  And I know that Aunt Jane is eager to hear about your exciting new job as well."  They won't be offended if you politely excuse yourself, especially if you direct them to someone else.

Needing to get a drink is also a great excuse.
  • Options
    Great tip! Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"