Breastfeeding

My weaning plan - what do you all think?

I started to wean and am drinking sage tea 4 times per day and trying  cabbage leaves once a day. I have added 30 cc of formula in addition to breastfeeding for most feeds. What do you all think? How quickly should I increase the amount of formula? I am currently only giving 30 cc per feed. But I have to be super careful because I get plugged ducts constantly and have had mastitis twice. 

Re: My weaning plan - what do you all think?

• That's a tough one and I'm not sure I have any super sound advice, as I've not weaned a baby completely yet. I think if you are using measures to dry up, your baby needs much more than 30cc of formula a day, assuming this is a baby under 1. I'm on mobile, so can't see baby's age, so I'm not sure if your weaning a young baby, or an older one. I'd start by replacing feeds, maybe drop one feed every few days. It's been a long while since I used formula but I'd say check with baby's pediatrician and maybe the formula feeding board or formula manufacturers website about daily requirements for formula. Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Sorry, I see now that its 30cc per feed that you're giving, not per day. The rest of my advice still stands though :)
  • Loading the player...
  • JmeJoLee83JmeJoLee83 member
    edited October 2014
    Oops I posted on The Wrong board. GL.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• she's almost five months. I'm afraid to drop a feed right now that is why i am adding to each feed. 
  • mommatotwo2mommatotwo2 member
    edited October 2014
    macbook said:

she's almost five months. I'm afraid to drop a feed right now that is why i am adding to each feed. 

Well you would minimally need to reduce time on each feed then and then drop feeds. Regardless of any measures you take, breastmilk production is supply and demand and supply wont drastically decrease until demand does.

• well i am decreasing demand by having her take the bottle for each feed by a little. I just am not sure how fast to go...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"