Trouble TTC a Sibling

Timing frustration

I got my positive opk this morning and go in for my first iui tomorrow at 8:30. We last had sex Saturday night. I knew we should have last night but DH got home, mowed the yard, went out to his shop to help a friend with some bs and didn't come in until 9:30. Then he still needed to shower and eat dinner. Little miss woke me up and 4:30 yesterday morning (for the day) and I flat fell asleep. So now I'm pessimistic about our odds because Dr Google says you need to have sex 48-72 hours before the procedure. Ugh. This is our only cycle we can do until January because of work. I'm also feeling burned out and ready to call it quits when this cycle doesn't work. No point, just a vent.

Re: Timing frustration

• I don't mean to thread-jack but I am super curious...what is the reasoning for having sex before IUI and after IUI??? I'm sorry if that's a dumb question we just aren't there yet so I am very curious about it all.

I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated...that sounds like something my H would do!

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• I read if you go without too long it can hurt your odds because the sperm start dieing off. I saw it in a SIF post and then looked more into it. It's on a couple of REs websites.
  • Loading the player...
  • @barackollama it is my understanding (and i may be wrong) that men are constantly producing new sperm.  So, if that is the case I would think that while some are dying off new ones are still hanging out?  Also, don't count yourself out.  Do your IUI tomorrow morning, have sex tomorrow night and Thursday morning!  I know how frustrating and nerve wrecking all of this is.  I will be cheering for a BFP!

Hailey Jo born 1/11/2011 after successful IUI

TTC #2 Since 06/2012
    Me: 28 - PCOS w/ IR
    DH: 29

Cycle #1 
    Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFP

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks. I'll be over my negativity soon enough.
  • It always seems that when you need to on a certain date, it never works out. It's frustrating spending time and money on a cycle that doesn't have the timing you need! I'm hoping it still works out for you, though.
  • I don't mean to thread-jack but I am super curious...what is the reasoning for having sex before IUI and after IUI??? I'm sorry if that's a dumb question we just aren't there yet so I am very curious about it all.

I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated...that sounds like something my H would do!

It's really just to help boost your chances. Ideally the IUI will do the trick, but it doesn't hurt to get a few extra swimmers up there when you know you are ovulating.
    Gotcha! Thanks!

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• And....he had 0 sperm in his first sample. They are having him try again if he's able. This has never been an issue before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"