Cloth Diapering
Options

Wet bag question

Quick question for you, since you ladies know all things wet bags.

I meant to purchase a couple of wet bags for our upcoming vacation, but totally spaced (we leave Friday). We'll just be using them for wet swim suits and stuff like that, but I wanted to get wet bags that I could then use when we cloth diaper our future babies.

The only brands that are in stock in town are Skip Hop and Itzy Ritzy. The Skip Hop seem to have crappy reviews, but Itzy Ritzy don't really have any reviews at all. Have any of you used either of these brands? How did they hold up? TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Wet bag question

• Options
    I have itzy ritzy snack bags and like them a lot.  I've only had them a few months, but they've held up so far, and even been through the dryer.

Amazon has bummi's medium wetbags available with prime, just FYI.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have a small itzy ritzy for the diaper bag and its just ok. if i leave a wet diaper in it all day it gets damp on the outside. i wouldn't use it for swimsuits etc. 

I'd get a planet wise or something from amazon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have prime anymore. I had it when I was a student but let that run out a year or so ago. :( I may just have to suck it up and pay for 2-day shipping. hmm.

That's good to hear that the snack bags are good quality, though!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Kelly11235Kelly11235 member
    edited October 2014
    If you're just using it for swimsuits and stuff, what about just using one of the big ziplock bags?
    We've some that are 2.5 gallon sized, and they're pretty good sized for keeping clothes dry or wet.
    I know it's not the "green" option, but they are inexpensive and easily available at your local grocery store.
  • Options
    That's a good point, Kelly. I might as well not make it such a pain when I could just use zip locks for this particular trip.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I believe that @esd also likes the IR snack bags but I'm not sure about the wet bags. 

Bummis gets good reviews here. I have Planet Wise and really like them (for future reference) but gallon ziplocs might be just what you need for this trip and then you can order the wet bags you really want another time.

• Options
    The skip hop wet bags are TERRIBLE!!! The fabric on the outside isn't really fabric, and it completely came apart in the wash. I returned it to amazon. Itzy ritzy is ok. The PUL part isn't really PUL, it is a really thick material. It holds up well, but it is kind of bulky.
  • Options
    Since it's last minute, I'd go with a ziploc. You could always wash it out and reuse it (not for food though).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"