September 2014 Moms

Swaddling for naps?

edited October 2014 in September 2014 Moms
I'm sure this has been asked but I can't remember if it was this board or another...if you swaddle at night do you swaddle for naps? If not what do you do? LO sleeps fine swaddled in his pnp at night but sleeps on me for most naps....I'd love a break!

Re: Swaddling for naps?

• I've noticed when I swaddle DS for naps he sleeps longer and doesn't fight going to sleep. The naps I don't swaddle he wakes up quickly or he won't even fall asleep no matter what I try.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with you, during the day LO sleeps on me for her naps. Sometimes I can set her down in her bouncer and she'll sleep for a little bit, but she sleeps longer and more peacefully on me.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • DS mostly sleeps on his belly for naps, in the living room where I can keep an eye on him. He doesn't have a regular napping schedule yet though, he still sleeps for most of the day. Once he gets on more of a schedule he'll be swaddled for naps and bed (unless he's a belly sleeper by then since he's already starting to roll on his side while swaddled....). DD was swaddled for naps and bed for several months. It was the only way she'd sleep soundly. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• We swaddle for bedtime and naps.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HBOTB recommends swaddling for all naps and bedtime plus white noise also.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We swaddle for both. Normally she will sleep during the day without swaddling but if she has a hard time going to sleep we will swaddle her.
  • I'm glad you asked this- it just occurred to me that I could swaddle Bug for naps last week! It's been working pretty well so far.
  • Mine will nap in the swing sometimes for a bit, but if we want real sleep she has to be swaddled.  I did have luck putting her in a sleep blanket for a bit today, but it's highly unusual, she usually self startles herself awake if I don't pin those arms down.
  • We only just started putting her in her crib once a day for naps. If she's already asleep (such as a milk coma after eating), I just put her in the crib and don't risk waking her up to Swaddle. But if she's even partially awake, then I'll Swaddle her.

Other times she just naps in the swing.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"