November 2014 Moms
Options

Primrose oil???

someone suggested to me today that to help with labor as well as to induce you can take primrose capsule and put them in vaginally? Anyone done this? Did it work?

Re: Primrose oil???

• Options
    It isn't oxytocic. It contains precursors, what the body needs, to make prostaglandins. If the body is starting to make them or is ready, the EPO (or borage oil) can aid in the process. Prostaglandins help ripen the cervix (and semen).

I begin taking EPO or borage oil orally at 34 weeks and vaginally at 36, and upping the dose. It doesn't "work" in the way of inducing contractions, but it can help with softening the cervix prior to the start of labor. I followed this same protocol during three of my other pregnancies.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    My midwife said if I'm into homeopathic stuff I could try it but prefaced by saying that there's pretty much zero research to prove that it does anything...just anecdotal evidence.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Already a pretty good thread that @mommymeg143‌ posted - hopefully this helps: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12464843/evening-primrose-oil
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I use it both orally and vaginally. It isn't dangerous, so if it helps, great!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"