Stay at Home Moms

I can't cancel my get together right?

I live on a street with 6 women who are all friends. Except now catty attitudes have prevailed and I feel like half of them are frenimies.  For example, there was a huge argument last night about donuts. (WTF?) and I got chewed out for telling one of them to relax. I'm supposed to have all 6 of them plus their families over for pizza on halloween. Can I make up and excuse and bail? No right? I just don't do drama and this nonsense is really irritating me. Plus, I really don't want to pay for 15 pizzas and beer so they can all stand around and fight and I certainly don't feel like buying dinner for the one who chewed me out. This is why high school sucked. I can usually get along with anyone but some of these ladies are making it really fucking hard. Ok thanks for listening……Feel free to share your vents or give me advice on how to get out of my party LOL

Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: I can't cancel my get together right?

• thank you thats perfect!
  • Loading the player...
  • I probably wouldn't have the nerve to cancel but understand why you would.  Are the kids young enough to get along and be disappointed?
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you aren't worried about continuing the friendship I would bail. They sound like catty high schoolers. I am a tell it like it is person lol, so I would say something like, "hey, it seems we have some conflicts in this group. I think it would be more fun for everyone if we all just did a family Halloween."
    How uncomfortable, for so many reasons. :( I think I would email something along these lines as well. No point in being miserable until everyone's had a chance to cool off and maybe had some conversations in passing.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• If you aren't worried about continuing the friendship I would bail. They sound like catty high schoolers. I am a tell it like it is person lol, so I would say something like, "hey, it seems we have some conflicts in this group. I think it would be more fun for everyone if we all just did a family Halloween."
    I think this is a great way to handle it.  Life is too short to deal with that kind of stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Ugh, I don't envy you. It seems that if there is that much conflict going on they may be secretly relieved if you cancelled. I like the idea of sending out an email. It's probably best not to try getting together as a whole group anymore.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Are the kids old enough to be excited about the pizza party?  If so I would not cancel.  Does nobody chip in for the pizza?  We have a neighbor who hosts a Halloween pizza party.  We all chip in and bring a six pack.  If the kids are young go ahead and cancel.
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • Are the kids old enough to be excited about the pizza party?  If so I would not cancel.  Does nobody chip in for the pizza?  We have a neighbor who hosts a Halloween pizza party.  We all chip in and bring a six pack.  If the kids are young go ahead and cancel.
    The kids are 5 and under but the older ones are excited. I talked to DH and he doesn't want to cancel because our kids are excited. I get it. I have to buy all the pizza…..irrationally it makes me extra annoyed to pay for pizza for people who are being bitches to me hahaha 
    The kids are 5 and under but the older ones are excited. I talked to DH and he doesn't want to cancel because our kids are excited. I get it. I have to buy all the pizza…..irrationally it makes me extra annoyed to pay for pizza for people who are being bitches to me hahaha 
    That would bug me too!  I cannot imagine going to somebody's house for multiple pizzas and not throwing in some cash.
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
    That would bug me too!  I cannot imagine going to somebody's house for multiple pizzas and not throwing in some cash.
    Oh one of them offered to bring carrot sticks LOL
  • Here's hoping the lady comes over with a smile and an apology...(or just keeps her snarky behind home)

• I don't envy you one little bit. That is a tricky situation. Any chance that they have some time apart to cool down and now they will be fine? What if you went along the lines of what Keeptruckn said, offer them an out, maybe they will decline on their own? Then you can take your kids out for pizza before TOT. Plan B) Get drunk before everyone gets there, sit back and enjoy the show!
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"