February 2013 Moms
Options

Educators - ? on multiple intelligences

Sorry for bombarding the board with questions.

I've been reading and researching about learning and teaching styles like crazy lately.  I've come across some info on multiple intelligences and it's extremely interesting to me.  I'm trying to determine my kids' dominant intelligences.  For some of them it's pretty obvious, but I was wondering if there is a reliable test out there for children that I could have them take.

Any other recs for reading on the subject?  Other info?

Re: Educators - ? on multiple intelligences

• Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited October 2014
    You can do a basic assessment on behalf of the kids or for yourself here: https://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks3/ict/multiple_int/questions/choose_lang.cfm

My results code was d6wxs609297tc - you can enter codes on the "results" tab and see the makeup for anyone whom you have a code for :D

I haven't done a lot of reading on it - the subject of multiple intelligences was briefly discussed in the one and only public school science course I had as a teen, and we did a couple of evaluative discussions with peers about it as an in class project, but it wasn't used as a relevant learning tool by any of my educators in any of the many environments I was in during my school years. The assessment I did at the BGFL website does appear mostly accurate based on what I know about myself and what I understand of the MI model, but I am still looking for teaching resources. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I do assessments for a living including all learning and cognitive. 2.6 is really the earliest to test and that just gives two areas of intelligence. Age 5 or 6 is really when you can look at all areas.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rynleigh said:
    My results code was d6wxs609297tc - you can enter codes on the "results" tab and see the makeup for anyone whom you have a code for :D

Knowing that you're an INTJ (if I remember correctly), this makes total sense for you.

Now I need to take that assessment.  Last one I took for myself had naturalist as #1, followed my intrapersonal and linguistic.  Mathematics was not too far behind linguistic, though.

• Options
    @seadragon2013 Thanks for all of the information.  I knew the smart ladies on this board would know this stuff!!

It's interesting to me as a home educator, because, like you said, it's a way to promote the areas in which my children naturally excel.  I will take your criticism of the theory to heart and look into the resources you provided.  Thanks so much!

• Options
    BBS! said:
    I do assessments for a living including all learning and cognitive. 2.6 is really the earliest to test and that just gives two areas of intelligence. Age 5 or 6 is really when you can look at all areas.
    I'm mostly interested for my 5 and 7 year olds at this point, so that's good to know.  My gut says that my 7 year old scores high in logical and linguistic.  My 5 year old would be high in spatial.  I'd like to assess them to know for sure, just because I like this kind of stuff ;)

• Options
    @  Rynleigh  Here is my code - 66f09955

That was similar to the last assessment I took, although I scored higher in naturalistic last time.  But the same 3-4 were in the top.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"