October 2012 Moms

Monday Randoms!

The countdown to Halloween is on :)

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

Re: Monday Randoms!

• @GoGoGadgetWine‌ can't make everyone happy. Family drama sucks when you just want it to be about your kid's birthday and not adults who just can't get along for an hour or two. Hope your dad realizes it's about your dd and is done giving you a hard time!

Norah's demands for a drink have begun so we took a trip to get gas and now we are headed for the park. Swings > drinks, right?!?

• Loading the player...
  • Checked in and in her room. She's being pretty patient so far. Over an hour before they take her

• Good luck today @nickschick!‌ hope everything goes well!

• Im home sick.today and attempting to rest and relax! I had justvsettled.in on the couch and the cable went out. It should be back round 3 so movie day it is

• I'm thinking of you and N today, @nickschick! Not feeding a toddler for that long would be stressful too. Hang in there, it'll be over soon!

• Well, potty training commenced over the weekend and overall I'd say it went as expected. There are zero diapers in my house and I'm unwavering on the fact that we will not go back - ever. I'm not doing pull ups either. We're doing John Rosemond's N75 method where you don't plan on taking them out in public for about a week or two, you put the potties in plain view where they spend most of their day, you let them run naked and pee/poop down their legs so they learn it's uncomfortable, and you keep guiding them to the potty and reminding that pee and poop go in the potty. The main point is to never have a power struggle and don't act anxious, so that way the kid is relaxed and it's no big deal. Probably the hardest part is you're not supposed to throw a party when they pee in the potty. You just say things like "Isn't it nice to pee in the potty?" and "good for you!". I guess the theory behind that is toddlers will take away anything that is important to you when it's time to rebel, haha! You just keep reminding them of the new expectation and it should be very low stress for all. The first day was not bad. Each girl probably had 3 accidents the whole day. I could really see their pride swell when they peed in the potty. Day two was excellent for Julie, only one accident! They both woke up dry from naps and from overnight. Kaylin and I went around and around yesterday about other things, and I think that led to a bad potty day, which is okay. She started out great by using the potty first thing, but then she was being a turd and throwing tantrums about everything. :) The nanny said they both are doing great today so I'm feeling better! I'm hoping that we're accident free after about a month of this... then I'm getting my carpets cleaned!!  

• I'm panicking that we won't have this house packed by Friday. I have a laundry list of stuff for H to do and he has done close to nothing. I'm running out of boxes too, so I think I'm going to have to just buy some unless this one Craigslist guy helps me out with his. We've been making trips to Target for them but they haven't had much to give us. Might stop by the liquor store too to see if they have some.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• She's in. Hard to hand her over

• Work sucks today. That is all.
  • Good luck today, @Nickschick!

We are one month in to the whole living-with-another-set-of-inlaws business, and it's not going so great.  The free childcare is amazing, but Henry doesn't get near the attention and activity as he did at daycare and is now falling asleep in random places around the house at random times.  He used to be on a good nap schedule, and now it's all falling apart.  This makes him incredibly cranky and hard to put down at night, which is when we have our quality time with him.  Plus, my SMIL just told me Sunday that she was going to go get him a Happy Meal from McDonalds since he loved it so much the Friday before.  I'm like.........no.  No, no, no.  No.  Just...no.  These people act like it's a victory that he's eating fast food French fries.  I shouldn't complain about free childcare, but they are really not doing a great job with him so far.

Also, their dog bit my husband the other day.  Not badly, but enough to piss me off.  She also bit my dog and another one of their dogs.  I'm irritated about that and worried for the kids.  They are keeping the dog locked up in their bedroom now, but I'm seriously on edge about it. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How is she @nickschick! ?

I go get my car at 3:30. (2 1/2 hours) I'm gonna puke. Maybe cry. But I'm excited too. Im conflicted. LOL

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • I actually really like shake it off. But hate bad blood...

• chricastchricast member
    edited October 2014
    I'm having a total melt down and panic attack about Emma's party Saturday. It will be 70* all week and then 45 and raining Saturday! We were supposed to be outside! I don't have room for 40 people in the house and my husband won't let me spend the $500 for a tent with sides and heater. UGH!! :((
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @chricast breaaaathe. Weather is always fickle. It could still be dry!

Oct Angel Babies
  • @NeedUtonite‌ Nope its in my back yard! He won't go for purchasing easy up tents either. His solution is to buy a clearance fire pit and make people bundle around that.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• My mom just called and said they met with my grandmother's doctor today and she's going on hospice. She's been back in the hospital a few days now, but should come home Wednesday. They're taking her off prednisone and they expect her lungs to quickly deteriorate. They expect that she'll pass in the next couple weeks, maybe a month. She is a fighter though. I thought we were going to lose her in August.

I'm broken. We all knew it was coming, but not this soon. My mom is coming Friday to help us move this weekend and I pray nothing happens while she's here. I told her to think about staying home but she said she's been saying her goodbyes pretty much every time she sees her as it is. Being with the boys will probably help her get through this. My mom is the oldest of 4 so her siblings have encouraged her to come down and be with us, but my heart hurts knowing how soon it could happen.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• @Rachelilly23 i am so sorry! ((Hugs))

Oct Angel Babies
  • Huge hugs @Rachelilly23‌

• I'm sorry about your grandma, @rachelilly23.

@chricast, could you do it in your garage? or something? I mean, its better than getting rained on. My ILs do parties in their garage all the time, and while I find it odd, it is clean, large, dry, and warm, so no complaints.

• @wanderingstars23 thanks! It is really nice, especially for an almoat 8 year old car. :) My heart still belongs to my truck, but tgis one is gonna grow on me soon!

Oct Angel Babies
  • CnAnACnAnA member
    edited October 2014
    GUYS! Are you agraid of the dark is on right now. Holy flashbacks! :D

ETA: It's a baby Ryan Gosling!!!!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm so sorry, @rachelilly23

@cnana, WHAT?!?!  I used to love that show so much.  What channel was it on?

@mbm1983, yay, baby!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @Ziegeficker‌ TeenNick!

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"