May 2014 Moms

chewing on fingers?

Dd has been chewing on one or two of her fingers for a little less than a week now. I mean she constantly has her fingers in her mouth chewing. I know it normal for them to stick their fingers in there mouth but she's chewing on them. Very focused. Anyone else's babes doing this? What could it be? A new discovery? She is going through a leap if that helps

It's a BOY

Re: chewing on fingers?

• My DD has been doing that for a few weeks now and the past few days she's started teething really bad :-( Hopefully that's not what you LO is going through but it could be leading up to it.
  • Could either be the novelty of nomming her hands or teething. Or both.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Ok it is just something I have noticed her doing more than anything. It's just all the time it's hard to miss

It's a BOY

• My LO has been doing this for a while. If not her hand, she's gumming the life out of Sophie, or her socks, or whatever she can get in her mouth. But fingers are the favourites. She's been teething. My guess is that's what's happening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fingers and toes over here!
  • It's teething.
  • Yes and she even gags herself with them sometimes. It's hard to get pictures with the hand not in the mouth.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS has been doing this since 3 months (now 5 months). He has two bottom teeth that poked through last month, but he's still chewing away. I'm wondering when he'll let up. Wet hands and dog fur don't go well together!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same exact here. DD has been hardcore chewing in her fingers for a few weeks with no sign of teeth popping through. She also chews on the spoon when eating and basically anything BUT her teething toys.
  • britab said:

Yes and she even gags herself with them sometimes. It's hard to get pictures with the hand not in the mouth.

This.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My kids not happy unless she has at least 20% of her fingers in her mouth. It's a phase hopefully she'll get over it before adulthood. :P

• britab said:

Yes and she even gags herself with them sometimes. It's hard to get pictures with the hand not in the mouth.

Omg every picture I took Sunday her hand was in her mouth.

It's a BOY

• momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited October 2014

My LO has been doing this for a while. If not her hand, she's gumming the life out of Sophie, or her socks, or whatever she can get in her mouth. But fingers are the favourites. She's been teething. My guess is that's what's happening.

Yep its so funny watching how aggressively she attacks her sophie

It's a BOY

• Ours is doing the same. Also anything she can get her hands on! We just got her the teether on the left at target. She LOVES it!
    https://m.target.com/p/nuby-3-stage-teething-system-with-48pk-citroganix-teether-wipes/-/A-15123926
    She's been doing it for a couple weeks now and I just figured it was from teething.

• Same exact here. DD has been hardcore chewing in her fingers for a few weeks with no sign of teeth popping through. She also chews on the spoon when eating and basically anything BUT her teething toys.

Same here. Maybe Sophie once in awhile but his favorites are his hands, my hands and his burp cloths.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got these teething keys that she likes, a friend of my works ate bru and she said toddle tooth brushes are good because it help break the gum and let the tooth through

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"