April 2014 Moms

Sleep over

How old was your little one when they spent the first night away from you?  Or when do you plan on having them spend the night at grandmas?  

I would love to be able to sleep in one morning but not quite yet... 

I'm just curious how you feel and why. 

Re: Sleep over

• With DD1 I had to travel for work when she was 6 months, but she stayed home with daddy.

Voluntary it wasn't until she was 13 months old, but for a weekend. Until then I'd been nursing her. And she stayed with grandparents and an aunt that is a pediatric nurse practitioner.

DD2, it was at 5 months, just 24 hours. I did have to set a middle of the night alarm to pump, so it really didn't do much for me.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Unfortunately my boobies say not yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to have him sleepover with Nana but he still nurses multiple times a night and we cosleep. Once he is night weaned and sleeping in a PNP or crib then we will send him or she can stay here with him.
  • I am leaving LO for 2 nights this week! I pumped enough to leave for 3 days- 90oz!!! So almost exactly 6mo. It's definitely not an anytime kinda thing, plus I will be pumping while away.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • 5 months....I pumped before bed and first thing in am. She got up once for my mom. I missed her but it was fine.

**Ready for Baby!**
  • Judging by all the others responses on this post I may get flamed for this but I actually just got back from a week vacation in Cancun. LO stayed with my mom who flew in from out of state to stay at our house with him. Granted I missed him like crazy and I have a feeling it was harder on me than him. But I even EBF and built up a stash of over 300 oz for while I was gone and pumped my whole trip. He still EBFs now too (was SO worried this wouldn't be the case). He goes 9 hours thru the night though without needing to nurse. I say just do it whenever you are comfortable. It will be different for everyone.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I told DH that I wanted a night in a hotel by myself for Christmas.

Other than that, I have no plans to leave LO for that long until may or june of next year (I'll probably be taking a trip out of state for volunteer work).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Liam has stayed overnight with mg parents twice - at 4 and 5.5 months. He currently sleeps from 7pm - 6/7am only eating around 3am, so it's not bad for my parents and those two times I wasn't able to sleep in (had church) but I didn't wake up at 3 to pump.

Once he's weaned, DH and I plan to take a weekend trip. We need some "us" time.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We went around her 6 month bday on a one night two day anniversary trip. So we only missed one night at home with her. We ff so fortunately I didn't have to worry about any of the issues that come along with that. She did very well, but I was a little bit nervous. My mil does a great job with her so it was fine. We are letting her stay the night this Friday for Halloween so dh and I can go to a party. She will be brought home early the next morning and we are planning on putting her to bed at their house before going out. I still just feel like it's better if I'm the one doing bedtime routine. I enjoy the few short moments after a bottle before she's ready to be put in her crib where it's just she and I.
  • Dd is just now old enough to "get" staying with the grandparents. She did for the first time when LO was born. She was 3 months shy of 3.

I agree with the others- not until baby is night weaned and mostly weaned in general. If I have to wake to pump at night, what's the point?

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• This Friday. ..at least that's the plan. We are going to see Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood...concert is at 1030pm 2.5 hrs away. It's going to be rough :(
  • We've already had several nights apart, some he was home with daddy, some he was away from home. LO stayed home with DH when I went out of town for a funeral when he was about 2.5 months. He also stayed home with DH for 3 nights when I went to a work conference when he was 3 months. He spent his first night away from both of us, away from home, when we went to a wedding when he was about 4.5 months. He never had issues taking a bottle, so I pump and he's fine without my boobs there. It's such a weird mix of feelings though, like I'm always so excited to get the night off, but then I miss him a lot. Especially that 3 night trip - that was rough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • She's almost seven months and she's slept at my mom's or our aunts house a few times already..we bring the playpen and she sleeps through the night.
    The first time she slept away from us she was about 2 months..
    Our family is always offering to help out and they love spending time with her. It also feels great to sleep in and have some time with DH where we can go out for a nice dinner and sleep in the next morning. She's also fornula fed so that makes it easier as I'm not worried about having a supply.
    I think everyone has to do what works for them! If you're comfortable leaving your LO Id go for it! But if you think you'll be worried the whole time, hold off for a few more weeks or months.
    Whatever works for you!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • csmily51 said:

This Friday. ..at least that's the plan. We are going to see Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood...concert is at 1030pm 2.5 hrs away. It's going to be rough :(

We just went to this concert a few weeks ago in Atl. So much fun!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • A couple of weeks ago I left LO with DH for a weekend away with my best friend. He took him to see his family and they had a blast! So did I!
  • My first night away from ds was when dd was born, he was 2 and 9 months. Dd has yet to spend a night without me. She sleeps through the night great, I just don't have a desire to do it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS stayed with my inlaws overnight at 5.5 months so we could go to my cousins wedding. Now that he's FF I'm considering asking them to take him one more night sometime in the next few months so DH and I can do a mini getaway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• He hasn't been away from me for a night and that's not voluntarily. No one wants him for the night. It sucks. Oh well.

• I've been away twice overnight first time at 7 weeks right before I went back to work so I could sleep (although he was right next door since we live in a side by side with SOs mom) and then again at 4 months so we could have an overnight in Toronto. Both times I was still EBF and it sucked pumping but it was nice To get away. My mom is taking him Friday night this week because I work all day Saturday really early and SO is busy and it's the first time I'm not pumping I can't wait haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"