November 2014 Moms

Having my baby soon?

Hey! I'm 35 weeks and 6 days pregnant with my first little boy. I went hunting for the last two days with my husband and his family. I took it very easy mainly just looking for deer while they did the hiking. I started having some contractions yesterday, and tonight I woke up to what im not quite sure if it was contcontractions or just a similar pain. Then I had two loose bowel movements and have heard those can be an early sign of labor... any thoughts on if my little angel is going to make it full term?

Re: Having my baby soon?

• My doctor told me that if I feel more then 4 contractions in an hour before 37 weeks you need to go in to be seen.

I would make sure you have had plenty of water and call your doctor.

While your baby has a really great chance of survival at 35 weeks it's still best for your little one to cook a bit longer.
  • Thank you for your response! I am timing them now and will definately go and get some water just to make sure I'm plenty hydrated. If he is coming boy oh boy mommies excited! Hopefully he can make it just a few more weeks though.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard to say.  I've been getting the same type of thing for the past few weeks (i'm 37 weeks now).  How long did your contractions last?  I'm thinking it's just your body preparing you!  Keep taking it easy though and drink lots of water.
  • It's really difficult to say as many of us have had periods of contractions over the last few weeks that then disappear. Also, I have had periods of loose BMs and also constipation that seem to be unrelated to any labor.

I would say since you are just 35 weeks, drink a lot of water and lay down and rest. If you are still having contractions that don't stop, increase in intensity, increase in frequency, and aren't eased with a change in position or walking around...I would call

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Real contractions will get stronger, longer and closer together. Time them for an hour and call your doctor. Good luck!
  • I've been having the same thing going on for over 3 weeks and still no baby, though that doesn't mean yours isn't on the way. Sounds like you're just having braxton hicks contractions though, your body practicing for the real thing later on. I wouldn't over think it too much.
  • Thank you all for giving me some feedback! I love hearing other people's experiences that are similar. I wasn't worried or I would of called my dr. After timing then and drinking water and trying to go back to sleep they did go away and they weren't very consistent however they did feel to get stronger at some points. But I think they were just Braxton Hicks. Thank you all again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"