March 2014 Moms
Options

Extra warm?

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited October 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Is anyone still experiencing the overheating side effect of after delivery/breast feeding?

Extra warm? 73 votes

Yes - breast feeding and still overheating at least sometimes
21% 16 votes
Yes, overheating sometimes, but I don't breast feed
12% 9 votes
No, I breast feed and do not overheat
46% 34 votes
No, I do not breast feed and I do not overheat
12% 9 votes
Quit asking me questions about my boobs
1% 1 vote
My boobs are real, and they're spectacular
4% 3 votes
#6, do you want to see them?
1% 1 vote
I'm just mosey and want to see the answers
0% 0 votes

Re: Extra warm?

• Options
    * typo/autocorrect
    Mosey should be nosey
  • Options
    UGH!!! YES!!! But, I'm pretty sure it has to do with this overactive thyroid thing I've got going on. 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wonder if the option of "breastfeed + used to overheat + still overheat" vs used to and don't anymore, vs never overheated and still dont, vs didn't used to, do now.

I'm not reformatting that. good luck.
  • Options
    I would get terrible hot flashes while nursing when he was a newborn, but not anymore.  It might not be a bad idea to have your thyroid checked like pp said because that can definitely cause issues with regulating temperature.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I BF and do tend to feel really warm. But I'm also carrying around 15lbs of "extra" weight now...before getting PG, I tended to feel colder than others.
    This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I still get the occasional hot flash with my letdown. When he was a newborn it happened almost every time.
  • Options
    Okay, so I used to be that woman that was always shivering.
    I wore layers upon layers even while in the house. Thermostat set at 23+ degrees (73F) and I could still be chilly.
    Now, the house sits at 20-21 (68-70F) and I wear a really light pair of pants and a t-shirt and I'm sweating.
    I am also 'at that age' where some women start to enter menopause...(gasp). But in my family this is way too early.

I haven't gotten my period back yet, but I'm still BFing every 4-5 hours round the clock.
    I guess if this persists much longer I will see my doctor. I just wanted to see how many others might be experiencing this at 7-9 months pp.

Thanks ladies. :D
  • Options
     even more than you @SurpriseAt39  my age (hormone levels) I'm sure has more to do with occasional flashes of overheating.  I only bf for the first 7wks / pumped another 2 wks then no more. I tend to stay coole/er than other's and yes have about 10lbs I would love to have magically fall away from my hips/abdomen area.  With rising estrogen pre O my flashes occur, then with rising progesterone I cool off
    the magic of hormones
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"