Adoption
Options

Bit of an intro

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and starting to feel a bit like the creep through the window, so decided I should intro. My husband and I are just starting to explore adoption. We've always known we wanted to adopt, and plan on doing so whether or not I can get pregnant. 

We are really just beginning (haven't even decided between International or Domestic adoption), so I'm in the midst of doing research on "all the things".  This board has already been so helpful, and seems so supportive. I'm looking forward to learning more. I just ordered You CAN Adopt, and plan on grabbing the Idiots and/or Dummies guide as well.  We're located in North Carolina, so any advice about resources in that area is appreciated.

Reading here has made the whole idea a bit less overwhelming, thank you  :-)

Re: Bit of an intro

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Welcome! I'm probably very close to you, so that's neat. Haven't been through that side of the process so I can't offer advice, but I do know a bit about the laws and processes regarding domestic infant adoption. Welcome to the board!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Options
    Icedtea12Icedtea12 member
    edited October 2014
    Ah, I didn't realize you were in this area (never connected the "Carolina" part, ha), nice.  I've really enjoyed your posts, and being able to hear things from a birthmother's perspective.  We want an open adoption, so hearing your journey has been inspiring.

Thanks for the welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Options

Welcome!!!

Looks like you are off to a great start! Those were the two books I used in the beginning too!

And you are right- this board is supportive!!!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    Hi- I too am in NC.  We looked at one local agency, one that was more regional, and went with one that reaches all 50 states.  PM me if you are interested in the details.  Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

• Options
    hello and welcome! you'll find tons of good info here- these ladies are truly awesome. looking forward to getting to know you! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    Welcome! "in on it" was an interesting book for me and to share with family and friends so I will recommend that!
  • Options
    Thanks all!  I definitely want to grab "in on it" too, I've heard a lot of good things.  My parents/family are all about it (they're in the "just give us a tiny creature to buy things for" camp), but my husband's mother might need some convincing.  And I figure it'll help clear things up in general for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"